Thursday, May 06, 2004

Ahhh... nothing says "HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!" like getting freaked by 2 guys at a gay bar with a 2 for 1 special (drinks... not guys... and even if it WERE guys, I'm sure the special wouldn't appeal to me seeing that I have a vagina).

Late last night, I went with Luc and Maritza to West Hollywood to help Maritza celebrate her Mexican heritage. :) I don't remember the place's name, but I do know that I had A LOT of fun. Talk about a girl's fantasy of being surrounded by absolutely beautiful shirtless men (my smurffette complex)... or nightmare of being hungry but discovering that you meal is made out of play doh. (Well except that one dancer who was wearing some sort speedo/sock/thong number and had a vague resemblance to Vanilla Ice... all the guys said he was straight. Yeaaah... I wouldn't claim him either.) Everyone was really friendly, and it was so easy just to start up random conversations with guys.... and touching them... hmmm..... yeah. :)

After oogling all the goodies over there, we needed a lot of sobering up to do, so it was off to IHOP. My shoes were KILLING me, so I opted to go barefoot the 5 block walk like a dirty pirate. Goodness, that's gross just writing it down. But all in all, a really really good night. :)

I spent a good portion earlier that day playing on the piano. :) Yep... we got a piano!! Carlene had found a great find on craigslist for an antique piano, and after visiting the owner, they struck up deal! It arrived yesterday and its amazing that although its been about 6 years since my Dad got custody of the one I grew up with... but I still remember how to play! Sure, I suck and I sound like that little girl in the "Joy Luck Club" playin Humoresque... but at least its something!! And its definitely nice to have music like that in the house again... :)

No comments: