Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Er. I have a headache. I think it's because of the heat today. Well, either that or the fact that I was hardcore singing along to Mariah Carey's greatest hits volume 1 in the car. It takes a lot of effort to belt out "Love Takes Time." You know?

Anyways at work, we've been finding a LOT of rollie pollies. A LOT! And the weird and creepy thing about it is that a lot of them are DEAD! Well, not all of them... I've seen a dozen or so walking about. In fact, I found one really big one that was about an inch, just crawling on the ground. (I didn't kill it but I shoved it with a paper out the door. You don't kill things that big... it maybe a mutant and in the future when its terrorizing the city, I want it to pass by me and go "you're safe. you didn't squash me with your sketcher!") Its just been really freaky to look on in the corner, and see rollie pollie carcasses sprinkled on the ground. There was a piece of tape, sticky side up, stuck to a box on the floor and there were all these rollie pollies stuck and dead to it.

I never had a problem with rollie pollies before... in fact when I was younger I used to play with them a lot... but this is just sick and eerie.. Why are they all dead? Why are they all in the shop?? I think that maybe all these rollie pollies are part of some rollie pollie cult and are committing suicide in the shop. Wouldn't that be freaky if it were true?? Even freakier if we had found all these dead rollie pollies lined up in a shape of a star or something!

Scary huh.

Anyways, here's a quickie update on the Decrepit Old Woman:
Doug: We got her in trouble!
Sarah and Nicole: YAAAAAAAAY!
Doug: Yeah, I talked to her boss and she was really upset that she did that to you guys. I told her that she does it to us all the time and that she was definitely losing customers because she's rude to everyone.
Sarah and Nicole: YAAAAAAAYY!
Doug: She said she was going to drive down there and give the old woman a warning.
Sarah and Nicole: YAAAAAAAYY!
Doug: In fact, she said that the old lady isn't paid to talk to anyone... she's being paid to clean and wipe down the counters.
Sarah and Nicole: Awwww...

Now, as cruel as Decrepit Old Woman was... it still seemed sorta harsh to hear that last statment. Now, maybe being a laundry nazi wasn't part of the job description, but in a way Decrepit Old Woman is trying making the place run smooth. Ok.. so yeah she screamed and yelled at us over stupid thing... and she may be crazy... but still... I dunno. Or maybe I'm just crazy myself? Oh wells. Looks like we're gonna be going back... but at least we'll have Doug there as a "backup posse" just in case something goes DOWN IN NORCO.

No comments: