Saturday, May 22, 2004

Around these parts, celebrity sightings are rare. You never hear about stars coming out to Pomona or San Dimas or whatever unless they're making a movie... life, for a moment stops and everyone for that brief moment becomes starstruck.

Did you hear that they're filming parts of a Freddie Kruger movie at the end of the freeway?
-1990


Oh! They turned downtown Pomona into Seuss-land for the "Cat in the Hat"!
-2002


Did you know that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are filming a movie down where the old IKEA is? Yeah... when I passed by it, there were TRAILERS!!
-2004


I saw people with lights on the street... I think they're filming something!
-any ole year in between


Well,the funny thing is that everyone has some sort of connection to Snoop Dog. It's sort of like 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, except for its with Snoop Dog and we're not talking about movies here.

In these acres of surburbia, somebody knows someone who lives in the same gated community as him and complains about the amount of illegal cars he has parked on the street. Someone has a friend who has a son who's on the peewee football team he coaches. Someone has seen him at the grocery or going to the movies. Sarah once saw him at the Carl's Jr drive thru... and the next day saw him flaunting the same "ride" he was in on MTV's CRIBS.

Now, seeing that I've never had a *degree* to him, I can now say that Kathy, the woman who did my graduation portraits, also took portraits of Snoop Dog and his family.

TA DA!

I hope visions of a Snoop Dog picture used with soft filters and a muted gray background are entering your mind, because thats what happened to me when I heard "Snoop Dog" and "family portraits" in the same sentence.

Anyways, when I asked Kathy about "Snoop", she just sort of rolled her eyes and responded with a "Stupid." She didn't imply that I was stupid... but that Snoop was. Or at least I think thats how it was.

I should have taken a picture in cap and gown while flossing a chain of ICE. That would have been nice.

Oh hey that rhymes!

No comments: