Thursday, May 27, 2004

I'm done! Finished! Finito! :)

How exciting!

Actually, I'm really really really happy. I did a little "I'm done... DONE!" dance once I was finished. Then, I got into my car, rolled down the windows, blasted my radio *Ahhh skeet skeet skeet*... and I drove off into the sunset.

Well, really there wasn't a sunset. But it was sunny!

But isn't "driving off into the Sunset" more dramatic? I think so.

Anyways, about 2 years ago when our friend Emily graduated, Laura and I sat during her 3 hour ceremony tired, hot, thirsty and hungry. Luckily we were able to move around and get some bottled water and what not... but it wasn't the same for the graduates. They had to sit through the entire thing without any relief! Anyways, so there we were, joking around, and suddenly this *brilliant* idea came to us. Instead of money, candy, or flower leis... why don't we make FOOD LEIS!!

Of course, the idea got more and more extragavant during the years as we planned for our future graduations. As great as bringing a wagon with a george foreman grill to cook spam would have been... it really isn't plausible.

But today, we sat down and made a food lei for Laura's graduation tomorrow. Hers consisted of a granola bar, fruit cup, fruit by the foot, single shot of rum (I know not food, but just as fun), and 2 juice boxes. This baby weighted quite a bit and combined with her regular flower lei, and a lei of strictly *just lollipops* I'm afraid her head might snap off. But I'm sure she'll survive.

I also decorated her cap. It's the CUTEST CAP ever! We were thinking that maybe we could attach an arrow on a wire above the cap pointing downwards... or something with a plane flying around her head but those are a bit too complicated. BUt we decided on sunflowers on top of it and a sunflower right above her ear. :) SO CUTE!!

:) I'm done! Where's the party at?

Actually, no playing just yet. I'm working tomorrow. Welcome to the Real World I guess. :)

No comments: