Saturday, November 22, 2003

The weekend so far...

Thursday night, I went down to Hollywood to watch Jean's play with Manny and Sakura. Actually getting there, I was nervous that my car was gonna break down, but I only had to pull over once after going over a bump. YAY! Anyways, I didn't get to meet up with Manny and Sakura for dinner because Manny said "Nevermind." Bastard. :P But at least we all met up at the play. Too bad it was the last performance because if you didn't get to go, then you really missed out. It was really funny! There was a lot of 80's jokes in it and although we didn't get to see Emmanuel Lewis, it was really good. :)

After the play, I went with Jean and Benji over to the cast/birthday party at this Karaoke/Thai/Japanese place. Oh my goodness, I don't know if it was the atmosphere, or just the fact that we were karaoking with a bunch of actors who really have no qualms about being up on stage and belting PRINCE'S PURPLE RAIN like no other... but I had soooo much fun! Everyone was so supportive... even the drunkards who weren't part of our party! At the end, I finally mustered up the courage to sing "STOP IN THE NAME OF LOVE" with Jean but almost lost it when one dude (who looked like Kid Rock but only with brown hair) came up right to the edge of the stage, lifted his shirt, and started groping himself (chest area). :) Talk about friendly! But that was how it was the whole night, everyone was really cool and rocking out.

Yesterday, I went to my very first HOCKEY game! GO DUCKS! :) Oh how exciting it was! Our seats were real nose bleeders (the second to the very last row) and my heart was beating really fast because I kept on imagining myself falling and just rolling down.... down... down... down... to the bottom. Anyways, as much as I think that ice skating is the most ridiculous thing, watching the game definitely had me on my edge of my seat. For a while the Ducks leading against the Nashville Predators, until in the 3rd quarter they were tied. SO they had to go into halftime but Nashville got the last point. So I was pretty sad that at my first game, my team had loss... but its ok. :) I guess it gives me more reason to go watch and support more... maybe? We'll see. I'll have to ask Tina to go with me since she's the pro and knows who the really cute players are. ;)

We finished the game around 10ish, got home, quickly got ready, and drove down to Manhattan Beach for Jean's birthday shindig thingie. :) I got down to the area around midnight and when I got there, I saw Manny and Jimmy on the corner of the street. They told me to go to the club because everyone was already in line... so I ran (sorta) to the club, but I guess they all got in already... so I waited... and waited.... and waited a bit more. Luckily I wasn't alone because I had Manny and Jimmy... so since it looked like we weren't going to get into the place, we went down to another bar instead that did some drinking there.

Around 1:45ish, we went outside because Jimmy thought there would be a brawl, but there wasn't... but at that time, everyone was getting out of the club! So since I couldn't drive home right then and there, we went over to the Kettle for some sobering food. What I learned last night: The Apple Chicken Sausage sandwich has way too much hot mustard in it, SEPTEMBER in the Chippendales calendar is a really good month, Sakura drinks a LOT of water, Manny really has no idea what he's talking about when it comes to turkeys, and Jean is a mean drunk. Just kidding Jean... put down the knife. ;P

That brings us to today. OK. Really quick. Went with my mom and Sonny to Moreno Valley for Benji's birthday, but when we got there, Benji and the other "kids" weren't there (they had gone to Best Buy) and the adults were praying some hardcore rosary in the living room. Anyways, so when we got there (late), we were pretty hungry, but at the same time we didn't want to just run into the room as they were praying just to get food. But if you know flilipino aunts, then you know that they're pretty insistent that you eat. So while my mom went straight into the living room and got her food, Sonny and I were having giggling fits over the entire thing right at the doorway because it just felt awkward... not to mention we were scared that while we were getting food, they'd stop and ask us to say something to meditated on, to which I would probably respond "I'm just really hungry" and run out of the room. But we put on our Van Damn faces and got food. Yay for us. Story over. :)

Oh yay! My phone is ringing! :)

No comments: