Thursday, November 13, 2003

"Oh my god! Sonny got detained! We're stuck in Mexico!"

Those were the words that my dear sister cried into the phone this afternoon. Once I heard them, I went into panic mode... I knew right then how Mr. Walsh felt when Brenda went down to Mexico with Dylan without her drivers license/passport on BEVERLY HILLLS 90210.

"WHAT THE F*CK!?!" I screamed back. "OH MY GOODNESS!!" My heart was racing... she should have just married him so that he could stay in the country... forget the visa! Get a ring!

Luckily before I started making mental plans to call a lawyer, hitchhiking my way down to border, and somehow getting Sonny out of customs... I hear "Hi Nicole." It's Sonny. Whew! He got his Visa and he can work and stay in the country legally! YAAY! Thanks for scaring me and forcing me to think about illegal options on how to bust you out of the joint. Don't EVER do that to me again. ;P

It actually reminded me of how when we were younger and my parents would go out of town and call asking us how we were doing. We'd respond "Oh no mom... the house burned down!" I don't know why would she believe us when she's calling the house in the first place. Silly Mom. :)

~*~
Last night before going to bed, I picked up a book with the intentions of reading a couple of chapters. I was already somewhat sleepy but I like to read some cheesy romance before I actually hit the pillow so that I'll fall asleep with thoughts of millionaire cowboys and virgins being seduced by handsome sheiks.

Its a sad sad thing.

Anyways, so there I was reading about sexy cop, Joe, who was pretending to be the Gabrielle's boyfriend for an investigation at 1am. 2 hours later... after repeatedly telling myself "just one more chapter and then I'll go to sleep" I finished the book. It was a good read... except now, instead of being sleepy, I was energized. The happy ending made me want to read more. I was like a drug addict who needed another hit... or fix... or something. I don't know. I don't do drugs... but you know what I mean.

I grabbed another book (one that I had read before), and skimmed to the good parts (no... not the SEX scenes you perve... but the really sweet cute parts). Eventually, sleep came to me... but in the morning, I paid dearly for it.

Lesson of the night: Put the book down you crackwhore!

No comments: