Friday, February 09, 2001

In exactly 4 months, I will be turning 21. WHOOOO!! Don't know what I'm going to be doing for the wicked occasion... but its good to know that the day wil be arriving soon. Its weird.. you know when you were younger and you imagine that when you do become older, you'd be SUPER COOL with a facinating life complete with a committed relationship, high paying cool job, and the Ikea furnished apartment where you constantly have parties. I don't think I'm even close to my 10 year old expectations. Its trippy to know that you are actually the age that you never though you would reach. I can't even see myself in 10 years... I guess in away I don't want to. The idea of growing up and having to take responsibilty for myself is frightening. EEK... pay for my own life, car, home insurance, schedule doctors appointments, worry about taxes??? GOOD GRACIOUS!! Is there a class on the real world I can take?

Well, I went to my voice lesson today after a really long break. It was fun...=D I also got the recital/concert video so if anyone would like to see me make an ass of myself... HAHAHA yeah right!! No one is going to see this!! I'm such a dork. I think my mom is going to start lessons too... how much do you guys wanna bet that she is going to start wanting to do duets or something. hahahah.. great.. she always wanted us to be like the next vontrapp family. EEK!! MAMA ROSE!

Ooo.. very cool.. I was watching the news today and they had a segment on the "hottest trend in southern california... BOBA TEA!" Isn't that interesting... I still need to bring Keri over there for her first sample. I also need to bring Beth to the Hat. AND THEN.. I want to go to the new Disneyland park.. it looks soo cool!! But i dont know if $40 is worth it.... but it looks soo neat. I guess that if i do go and I finish the park in an hour (which I seriously doubt)... I would be happily content just sitting and people watch. its really cool to watch families in action... and count all the kids crying in the "happiest place on earth." Have you ever noticed that theres ALWAYS kids crying at Disneyland?? Especially when you are leaving the park... kids don't want to go home and parents are begging and pleading them to come already.. promising them that they will be back.. not tomorrow, but someday?? I guess everyone was that kid huh.

the list:
1) I'm grateful for music. Life would be rather dull without it. I think the best is when you are driving and then you have this awesome song perfectly playing in the backround... kinda like the soundtrack of your life. It really motivates you and has the ability to perk up your day.
2) I'm grateful that I'm living here in the United States. I think about my cousins in the Philippines and how they want to come over here, but they can't. At least I've been able to meet them and keep in contact with them through email. But my mom was telling me that when she came over here she was only 22-23.. and her first night here, her and all her fellow nurses from the philppines were crying in their rooms and had difficulty with the culture shock. But I can't see myself leaving home, nevertheless moving to another country. Crazy... its amazing what our parents have gone through and makes me wonder, will my life will be as adventursome as theirs?? Maybe... In my own lil boring way.
3) I'm grateful that I am 5min closer to school... YAY!! NICOLE DOESNT HAVE TO DRIVE THAT LONG ANYMORE! =D its all good.

No comments: