Monday, March 15, 2004

Tonight was my last class. I'm CERTIFIED BABY!

Hi. My name is Nicole and I'm a wedding coordinator.

Now I just need Weddings to plan. :) Bring it on cupid!

Aw, I'm going to miss my classmates though. But at least we all shared contact information, so at least if needed, I can have someone who's in the same boat as myself that I can vent to. I admit, I'm freaked by the idea that I won't have my warm little Kellogg house to go for comfort and support, but we all learned what we could and now we just need to venture out into the world and learn the rest by getting our feet wet. Good gracious. What am I getting myself into??

No panic. Lets think of happy "calming" thoughts.

I did have some DELICIOUS "celebratory" wedding cake tonight. The icing was made with a lot of butter, fresh (straight out of the chicken) eggs, and a WHOLE LOT OF LOVE. Seriously. The chef was going off on how he truly loved his job and how he enjoyed baking from scratch with the richest ingredients. So basically he presented us with his newest chocolate lovechild with fresh raspberry fillings. Such a sweet baby.

As of the moment, I don't think I'm going to go into "business" just yet. I really want to find a hotel or corporation to work for. I need benefits. I want a salary. I want a new car basically. But I do plan on doing a wedding here and there just for the experience. Actually, a good portion of my morning was spent with Carlene putting together my business cards. They're pretty f*cking rad... at least we think so.

Anyways, enough gushing. You can stop rolling your eyes now. :P

Baby sister and I went to have lunch with darling Father today, which is turning out to be a weekly Monday ritual. We decided to meet at Sam Woo for Dim Sum. Oh goodness, is it me or are the waitress and waiters really pushy when it comes to the trays? Maybe its because I haven't gone in AGES, but the moment we sat down, it seemed like they all flocked to our table and started pushing shrimp balls and wontons and other delicacies at us.... and no one would seem to accept "no" as an answer. "Its good" they would reply and try to reason with you. "Its good" they scream as they ignore your apprehensive looks. "Its good" they mumble when you finally turn them away, with their fantastical dishes still in tote. Sometimes you just want to say YES to everything just so that they'll go away. You can't help but feel like you're personally shooting them down by their disappointed faces when you don't want the pork. 15 minutes at the table, I just wanted to avoid eye contact with all of them for fear that making it would give them false hopes and it would be another hard breakup. But all in all, it was a good lunch... except for the one weird fish dish that one lady had promised would be "good."

Liar.

:)

No comments: