Sunday, March 28, 2004

Ahhhh... Circle K. How I miss you so...

After being in the organization for 5 years, this was my first time to go to the convention not as a "member", but as an "alumni" and seeing that I didn't pay any registration fees, I was also a "crasher." I had spent my Friday night wiring, taping, and wrapping roses into buttonieres for the VIP/Senior reception and for a bit, the fridge bursting at the seams with baggies of flowers.



Seriously, if I were still a member, I would have racked up a LOT of service hours.

Before work Saturday morning, I went to Irvine to drop off the flowers... and let me say I really really didn't want to leave. A lot of people I haven't seen in ages and I just didn't have enough time to sit down and catch up with all of them. It just isn't fair!! I wanted to loiter the halls and catch up with the latest drama/gossip. Argh. Luckily, I didn't have a teardown, so that night I got dolled up and went back to the hotel to catch the last of the awards dinner.



Afterwards, the rest of the "alumni" and I opted not to stay for the dance and went to the Yardhouse instead for some "non offical" CKI drunken madness.


Petey's "Starshot"

The night basically turned into "PIC GONE WILD."
Well not really... but it seemed like everyone got lucky... with Pic




even James Dean.



Jimmy and Jean


Ryan enduring the return of Miss Witch *Hello Picolo"


Manny and Petey unsuccessfully trying to look "thuggish."


So THIS is what it's like to ride in my back seat... Hmmmm


So all in all, a very nice night. :) I'm really happy I got to see Jane... and oh how I've missed Kristin and Anthony!! The night made me nostalgic and wish that I could still be cheering away with the kids. Its only been a YEAR and I'm already deeming myself as "old" and out of the loop... :) Oh wells... On the bright side, a good portion of the "alumni" were folks I still see or talk to every so often so it wasn't so much of a "oh I got married and had 2 kids" sort of reunion. It was more of a good reason for us to get dressed up and go out together. :)

No comments: