Sunday, March 14, 2004





:) No work this weekend, but I did get to help decorate for Janine's Birthday Dinner earlier tonight . Janelle had this terrific Buddha bar idea for the occasion, so we transformed the gazebo into a lounge, complete with bed and custom pillows that we sewed and stuffed at 3am Saturday night. :) For dinner, we decorated the canopy with twinkle lights, an actual candelabra, more candles, fishies (since Janine is a Pisces) and lots of flowers and petals. The weather was absolutely PERFECT for dining outdoors and the food that Paolo had been slaving over for 2 days was mouthwateringly delicous.

After dinner, everyone ventured to the living room where Janine played the piano for us just beautifully. Actually, Janelle and her older older sister Jenny performed also and I was amazed by the entire family's talent. They even had these beautiful duets with the two pianos or with the violin. Goosebumps I tell you. :) Oh!! And they even had a Norah Jones piano book, so although I didn't get to sing with the Magic Mic, I did get to sing with real piano accompaniment and I loved it. The entire night was a lot of fun and it reminded me a lot of the days of when my parents would have parties and everyone just sit around the piano and sing along. We even brought out some old tagalog love songs and honestly, everytime I hear "Dahil Sa Iyo", that will put me on a flashback to my youth of parties of the sort.

Oh late Saturday night, I took a break from the sewing and had a "date with Mom" to watch "50 First Dates." What a cute movie that was. :) Nice little soundtrack too, cept I don't think I heard Jason Mraz in the movie. Or maybe he was playing and I didn't hear it because I was so engrossed with what was happening on the screen. Perhaps. But still, it's such a sweet movie.

Anyways, what was I going to say here... hmmm... I don't know. Oh wells, Goodnight! :)

No comments: