Tuesday, March 23, 2004

"I was going to cheer my way to his heart..."

Oh young love. Life was so simple and secret crushes would be secretly pining for you BACK in your perfect world. Its still the same now... just not as cheesy. It probably will be though when I look back on it, but at the moment, let me have my wishful thoughts.

Not like I'm harboring any secret crushes now. It feels like I rarely venture out of my little hole to interact with the outside world let alone see or talk to a guy regularly to form any notions of "like". Well, unless you count Adam from Average Joe. What a sweetheart he is... telling all the skanky bikini girls to leave because it was unfair to the girls already on the show. If I were seeing a guy who was seeing 14 other girls, I'd be totally happy to know that he'll be loyal to all 15 of us. But really, that was a sweet thing he did. Everyone in the house is in agreement that Adam has the looks of a combination of Ross and Joey from "Friends" and has the same sort of speaking mannerisms as former fridge model, Joe.

Old crushes. There are some that you think about and you smile. Then there are the ones that you remember and cringe. I think things blew up once I got into college... mostly because of the fact that boys were everywhere and cute ones that my friends and I had noticed got "special" names. There was Panda boy: the oh so dreamy one who worked at the zoo and really was the COOLEST guy in the world, Theater guy: the quiet guy I sat next to in my Theater class who looked like the "Asian" version of Steve Page from Barenaked Ladies (glasses and all!), Library guy: the HOT HOT CALIENTE boy who worked at the basement of the Library who looked like Paulo Montaban (aka the Prince from Brandy's Cinderella) and swiped my Titan card like a pro, Gallery guy, Table guy, and so on. Ok. SO the names weren't that all creative, but what's a freshman to do?

Here I am, still young, but "crushless." I miss that feeling of silliness and lingering hope of the possibility that "he's" thinking of me. I want to blush and have "secret" thoughts while listening to a slow jam. I want to be cheesy.

Apparently I'm not too far from that last one.

But still, life doesn't seem to be as exciting when I don't have a crush. It was like I had something exciting to look forward to, even if they didn't know who I was. I enjoyed getting punched on my left arm by Joey B in 8th grade every Friday afternoon in Mrs. Hurt's computer lab. I looked forward to it and thanked my lucky stars that we had to sit alphabetically while playing Carmen San Diego.

He really was a cutie from what I remember...

Hmmm, I wonder what he's up to?

No comments: