Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Seeing that I gave up AIM, I'm having a lot of "time." I'm a bit bored because I can't just log on and have a mini "I'm taking a break from studying so I just wanted to say HI" convo or a "What are you doing? Nothing? Meet me at Starbucks in 5 minutes" sort of thing because usually when you see someone online (with no away message) it pretty much a given that that person is free and bored just like yourself.

Since this is the case, I've been pretty "chatty" on the phone... well somewhat. There are folks who I can just call up out of the blue and say "Hi! How are you doing!" and that will just blossom into terrific conversations that you don't want to end. And then there are some where that the moment you say "So what have you been up to", you regret the words the moment they come out of your mouth because maybe they're in a bad mood which leads to screaming rants of hate. Or sometimes they're busy and you've interrupted. Or unlike AIM, you have to actually laugh (or sound amused) and can't just type LOL when they're being retarded. Then you're stuck and feel obligated to stay on the phone because you're the one who called them and really you can't just go "HI! I wanted to say quick hi so hi!!" and hang up because what was the point of calling them in the first place?

Anyways, Laura and I came up with a HORRIBLE way of getting off of the phone with someone you don't want to talk to... and well with that in our heads this little imaginative scenario began to unfold:

"Hey, I gotta go... a guy just walked in with a gun*."
"Oh really now?"
"Really!"
"Is he cute?"
"Um, I can't tell, he's wearing a stocking over his head and his face is all squished up... but he has really beautiful eyes.."
"Really? Or Is this your way of getting of the phone with me? Do you just not want to talk to me anymore?"
"Oh no! Really! There's a guy here with a gun. Want to talk to him?"
"Yeah."
"Hi. I have a gun."
"SEE!"
"Ok. Better let you go. I'll talk to you later!"
"Bye!"


* Don't EVER use this excuse unless its the real thing. We all know what happened to Chicken Little and the Boy Who Cried Wolf... they all got their ass beat. So for the sake of your ass and mine don't. DON'T!!

No comments: