Thursday, March 11, 2004

My eyes are tired due to the fact that I spent a good portion of my evening crying on the couch over EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION. If didn't see it, let me give you the rundown:

The family who got picked had bought their "first" house after living in a trailer for 10 years. But 3 months after moving in, the husband gets shipped to Iraq, leaving his wife with his 3 sons to tend to AND to settle/renovate the home. So here comes the sexy hunk-of-a-carpenter Ty Pennington and the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition designers and they "makeover" the entire house, from the landscaping to the bathrooms in one week while they sent the family to Disneyland. They completely tore it apart, gave it a "Spanish villa" feel, threw in a whole lot of new techie gadgets (flat panel TV's, surround sound and kitchen appliances... OH MY!), and a "car wash" bathroom for the boys. OH, and if seeing the kids go gaga over their new home didn't make you cry, then seeing them get reunited with their father, who they had shipped in, would have made you sob like a baby. If not, you're a heartless bastard. Awww... what a great show. Normally when you see shows like that, you wanna cry "WHY NOT ME! OPRAH, COME ON! GIVE ME A BAG OF YOUR FAVORITE THINGS!! SHUT UP AUDIENCE! GIVE IT TO ME!" but this one was super sweet and you felt genuinely happy for the families that they pick for it.

Wow. Does that sound like a book report or what?? :) Once I did a book report on ANNE OF GREEN GABLES when I was in 5th grade... and I read the backpage "summary" of the book out loud. Don't get me wrong, I really did read the book, in fact I worshiped it. But I was too freaked out with the idea of standing up in front of the class and talking. But not SO nervous out where I peed in my pants... another girl did though. She got really scared and all of a sudden she was standing in pool of pee. A couple years later, when we had to come up with "favorite memories" to put in the 8th grade yearbook, she threatened to kill me because I remembered the incident. Needless to say, it didn't make it in.

Hmmm... that Ty Pennington is a sexy beast...

Anyways, it been HOT. Working at the shop has been pretty painful because of it. Steaming sashes when its raining and cold is actually sort of "fun." But when its icky and sticky in the warehouse and you only have one osilitating fan, its a completely different story. The heat makes me want to drop everything and just go to the beach so that I can put my toes in wet sand. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow... either that or visit and sit by the community pool. Or water the plants and walk barefoot in the grass... with a nice cold Margarita and some slack key guitar playing in the backround. Hmm, "Heat" doesn't seem so bad when you have time to lie about leisurely to enjoy it. :)

No comments: