Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Seeing that April and I are on Spring Break, and Janelle has some free time on her hands, we decided to go EXPLORING. "Pashal Pashal" as my parents called it when we were younger. Whether it be going to the mall or visiting a museum... pashal pashal always meant something fun and discovering something new. First stop... OLVERA STREET!

Since it was April and Janelle's first time over there, it was exciting to take them around. We had some TO-DIE-FOR Mexican food and window shopped to our heart's content. Now I know that if I EVER need a Mexican Wrestling Mask (think Strongbad) and leather whips... Olvera Street is the place to go. They also have a Blessing of the Animals in the square sometime next month, so I want to go back and bring Penelope with me. :)



Actually one of my most favorite "eye candy" in LA is Union Station. About 3 years when I walked in there for the first time, I absolutely fell in love with it.... not to mention they had one of the grand hallways set up for a wedding. It was then and there when declared it as THE place that I wanted to get married at. Ahhh... to be young and romantic. Then I later learned how much the actual cost of renting it was... Um. Yeah. Nonetheless, its still gorgeous and a terrific place to sit and just absorb the surroundings.





From Union Station, we took the Redline over to Hollywood and Highland to play "tourist." At least with the LA subway, the possibilities of getting lost are slim considering that the line only goes so far. The entire time, I had Usher's "YEAH" in my head. I sang it quite a bit and April wanted to kill me. It's a damn catchy song. I am sooo pretty. :P

While at Hollywood and Highland, we saw the Ryan Seacrest "studio" (oOooo) AND the obnoxious Ryan Seacrest billboard behind the entire shopping complex (double ooOoo). We also found an uber expensive lingerie store that sold $200 bras and had pearl thongs (a la "Sex in the City") We would have gawked at the expensive panties, but we were beginning to feel how Julia Roberts the "hooker" must have felt like in "Pretty Woman" when the saleswoman in Beverly Hills was bitchy to her. ("Big mistake... HUGE!") SO then we just walked over to the Chinese Theater where we put our hands in the cement (Govna Arnold has some huge hands!) and April got greeted in Japanese by a tourguide. (Too bad she isn't Japanese.)


While walking on Hollywood Blvd, I felt a pair of eyes on me.
It turned out to be a rather creepy painting of Little Richard.


Walk walk walk = tired feet! So back on the subway to Union Station and it was off to Farmers Market for some Philly Cheesesteaks. The last time I had been to there was perhaps my first time on a excursion with my parents when I was 10. I had been to the Grove before to watch "Amelie", but that was at night and I really didn't get the chance to see everything, so I was pretty gosh darn excited to be there. One stand had a MOST ADORABLE DOG PURSE and had I have they money, it would have been mine! Maybe next time?


Its like the Bellagio fountains.... just smaller. Way smaller.


Anyways, all in all a really nice day. We need more free days like this because there are hundreds of places that still have yet to be found. :)

No comments: