Friday, January 30, 2004

The other day, while shopping at Brea, the strap to my right flipflop snapped. Initially, I almost tripped because it broke my "gotta get to that store quickly so that I can shop!" momentem and when I felt my right foot go naked I realized that the remainder of the flipflop (the FLOP) was dangling off. Well, since I couldn't just take off one shoe and walk around lop-sided... nor could I take off both shoes and walk around barefoot in the mall, I kept the broken one on and proceeded to drag my right leg along the floor in a sad limp to the nearest shoe store. I could have bought something at HOT TOPIC, but my outfit at the moment didn't call for a 4 inch hooker shoes or something from Minnie Mouse's closet. So I limped my way over to Payless where they DIDN'T HAVE ANY FLIPFLOPS!! Actually, I lie. They had some scary white chunky ones with neon blue straps but ew... I rather limp. I did find some cute mules that matched my purse perfectly and were only $12... so I HAD to buy them. :)

I say "HAD" because really, I "HAD" to. I could have tripped while limping in the defected flipflops... so really, it was for the best. :)



The city of Chino Hills is all a buzz...

They opened a brand new Chick-Fil-A on Grand.

Oh baby oh baby.

Ever since they built it, my mom has been on her toes to see when they were going to open its doors. Yesterday, the 3 women next to me at the gym were talking as if it were the second coming if Christ. There were people camped out the night before in the parking lot so that they can be the first to get their sandwiches. Lines of fans dance outside and the glow of the spotlights in the sky all celebrate the opening of the greatest Chicken adventure in our little town.

The Khol's didn't get this much hype.

This is something BIG.

No comments: