Thursday, January 15, 2004

I spent my morning at the Laundromat in Norco with Sarah and 350 chaircovers. It was great. :) Really. (And I say that in the most positive manner.) Anyways, the owner is this decrepit old woman who really doesn't do much except walk up and down the aisles wiping the machines down and telling customers how to do their laundry. Each time we go, I expect to hear her bitch at me.... I leave chaircovers in the washer for too long. I put my supplies a tad bit too close to the sink for her liking. I put too much soap in the machine and now she's whining about the flood of bubbles that are spilling onto the floor... blah blah blah. Like I can't see that for myself. :P But as grumpy and bossy as she is, she does make our stay quite enjoyable when she turns on the radio so that we aren't folding and avoiding the Norco crazyfolk in silence. Granted, its country, but I'mbeginingtolikeit.

Huh? What? Did I say something? Oh...

Anyways, since we're there at least every month (weekly during the wedding season) she's used to our faces and knows that we're there washing chaircovers. So I wasn't surprised when she came by today and made fun of our boss, who usually helps us load, leaves, and picks Sarah and I up several hours later when we're finished.

Decrepit old woman: So he leaves you guys here to do all the work huh?
Me: Oh no... Well he usually goes and works at the office or picks up supplies...
Decrepit old woman interrupts bitterly: THAT'S TO TYPICAL OF A MAN.

You know what was the first thing that came into my mind when she said that? "You must be single." Well, either that, or has been married for a loooong time to a husband who just can't fight anymore because she managed to suck the life out of him. Now THAT'S positive thinking!! I really have no point with this story, I just wanted to share it with you. Just some random crap. :)

Anyways, the city of Norco reminds me of something out of CHILDREN OF THE CORN. The city is a bit on the...how do you say... weird side. It makes Chino Hills look like booming Metropolis. The Laundromat smells like rabbit food. The newest building is a SIT AND SLEEP. There's a funeral parlor on one street, and next door to it is a former hamburger stand by the name of "NIP AND TUCK BURGERS."

Who wants to take a bite out of that?

No comments: