Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Hmmm... whats new whats new?

First of all... my car. Well, not exactly "new." Same ole story. Same ole frustrations. Why even bother blogging? F*ck the pony... I want a honda.

Also, I HATE YOU DOWNWARD FACING DOG! HATE YOU! Although, one day I WILL conquer you and those days of hate will no longer exist... but for now, I HATE YOU.

Since that seems pretty negative. I shall counteract that by saying "I love my family, my adorable puppy, and Henry's!" I also love Jill (thanks for the message!!) even though she stole my wallet. Damn it for being so damn cute. :) I guess we'll have to be wallet buddies now. I can see her cringing now... or not?

Oh did I mention I LOVE my friends.

That means YOU... maybe. ;)

Today, I finally reached my darling "non-retarded" friend Laura today after many months of believing that she was "avoiding me."

The first conversation:
*ring ring ring*
Woman Who Sounds Like Laura: Hello?
me: Hi! Is Laura there?
W.W.S.L.L.: *Pause* NO. There is no one here by that name.
me: Oh? Ok. Thanks then.

The second and third attempt:
*ring ring ring*
W.W.S.L.L.: Hello?
me: Hi! Is Laura there?
W.W.S.L.L.: *Pause* NO. There is no one here by that name.
me: Oh? Ok. Thanks then.

Several months later, after chatting with Laura via AIM and finally giving her my new number and needing to call to make plans for a NICOLE & LAURA DAY-O-FUN!
*ring ring ring*
W.W.S.L.L.: Hello?
me: Hi! Is Laura there?
W.W.S.L.L.: *pause* No.
me: Oh? Ok.
W.W.S.L.L.: *pause* there is no one here by that name.
me: *going crazy* LAURA!?!

Why would I go crazy?
See. In my mind, 3 rings means you're looking at your caller ID and deciding if this is a person that you would like to spend your minutes talking to. Since I had a new number, it made sense to me that she was probably looking at her phone going "who the hell is this" and deciding to answer just to see if the voice is familiar.

So then she answers and hears my voice. She pauses. Why is she pausing? This is where I assumed she didn't know it was me.

The second and third time this happens, I assumed the same thing.

The final time it happened, I assumed that she knew who I was and just didn't want to talk to me. Maybe she pauses and THINKS... "hmmm, do I really want to talk to Nicole?... NO."

*gasp*

I know. Pain. Hurt. Sadness. Not to mention some anger... what the hell happened?!?

Me paranoid? Noooo... I'm just an overreacting dumbass who can't dial a phone correctly. Apparently when I programmed all the numbers into my new phone, I misdialed Laura's, which resulted in me calling (quite frequently) an Asain lady with a fobby accent who amazingly had the same voice as Laura's (if she were to do a fobby accent on the phone.) Plus also whenever I do call her (correctly) she'll joke around in the same manner of saying that I've reached the wrong number but would I be interested in a newspaper subscription.

I finalized realized my blunder after charging my old phone and double checking the number and calling it. YEAH. Sooo lame. But hey, at least I reached Laura! :)

"You are one I want to keep in touch with."

And once she said that, all my psychotic tendencies melt away and I'm happy.

No comments: