Thursday, January 22, 2004

As I was driving home from work today, I decided to take off my sweatshirt because it was a little too warm in my car for my liking. So, as I was taking it off (Whooooohoooo!! You like that sir?!? Gimmie money!!), I heard a little crack as my head escaped from the hoodie portion of the sweatshirt and felt something flitter... MY GLASSES BROKE! Snapped right down the middle. My damn overpriced but oh so cute glasses that I waited forever and a day to get because insurance realized that I'm finally old enough NOT to mooch off my parents, BROKE!


*boo*


So there I am, driving without my glasses. This is probably the worst time to actually realize how BAD my eyes are. I can't see signs. I can't see the license plate in front of me. Lines are a blur and although I can see red lights, its still fuzzy. WHEN DID I BECOME SO BLIND!?! All those years of hating carrots are taking its toil on my eyes. Damn you 13 year old Nicole and your late nights reading Harlequin romance novels under the covers with a flashlight! Mom wasn't lying when she said you'd go blind!

Luckily, I got home safely. And to make things even better, I remember my eye doctor saying that my glasses are under warranty so I can probably get new ones just as long as all the parts are still original. (I guess I need to get that staple out of the nosepad that I used as a sad excuse for a screw when it fell out. Say it with me.. "ghetto.")

So now I'm dependent on my contacts. I have my backup glasses but I got those back when I was in high school and now I realize that I wasn't COOL wearing them. Matter of fact, they were pretty ugly and I wonder why no one told me that in the first place. Or maybe ugly was the fashion back then? I don't know... probably considering that I had lime green plaid pants back then. Ew huh. Thank goodness I wore a uniform most of the time.

I miss kneehigh socks. Those rocked.

No comments: