Wednesday, December 17, 2003

YAY! School is done! Time to play!



After my last final, I drove down to LA to meet Jean to watch RENT. SPONTANEOUS was the word of the day. Well sorta. The night before we were talking about musicals and I said that I hadn't seen the show yet. So the shocked Jean (who's seen the show 4 and 1/2 times now) looked on the internet and found that it was playing down at the Wilshire... and that 2 hours before the show, they put the front 2 rows on sale for only $20. That's right, I said $20. Actually $22 cause they added a $2 restoration fee. (Good deal, the arm rest between me and Jean kept on falling off. ) But still, $22 is a damn good price. So we figured we'd try to get them.

By the time I got to the theater, Jean was already in line and we were 2 VERY lucky girls. There were only 43 seats available for the rush and we were #41 and #42... not to mention we didn't have to wait as long the 40 people in front of us. The guy in the very front of the line got there at 1am while the second guy got there at 10am. Insane I tell you but well worth it. RENT was AWESOME!! Especially from the second row. ;) I totally loved it!! The actors were simply amazing. Their singing was TERRIFIC and the energy from the stage so infectious that you couldn't help but smile and clap along with the music. Plus the little community of folks that were in those front rows were pretty friendly and very eager to participate in the performance. :)

So I'd say it was a pretty good start for the winter break. :)

No comments: