Thursday, December 11, 2003

My throat is icky and I'm sneezing.

When I told my mom this, she replied "I hope it isn't the flu. One person died from it and you haven't had a vaccination."

Thank you very much for keeping optimistic Mom. :P

But really, I hope it isn't the flu.

Today was one of those days where I didn't want to go outside because it was just too gosh darn cold. Cold is good, but when you're barefooted, feeling ill, and really have no will to get out of the sweatshirt and pj bottoms, going out isn't appealing at all. But I did manage to amuse myself by watching some television with my sister (who bought me some pho for my throat), knitting, and washing my sheets.

While I napped, I woke up to find a little river of drool coming out of my mouth and onto my pillow. EWW. I'M A DROOLER!?! WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN!?! IS THERE A WAY I CAN STOP THIS!?! Maybe it's just a one time thing? I hope. I know I groan and sometimes talk in my sleep. Someone once told me that I snored, but I think they're a filthy liar.

I think every girl wants to be that dainty girl that sleeps all sweet and cute so that her lover can look over her and say "aww, I love this girl." Do you think Prince Charming would have kissed Snow White awake if she were a drooler, slept with her mouth open, and had fallen off of her bed? Then afterwards, he'd take his groggy princess with a severe case of bedhead back home and to live happily ever after? Its hard to believe that someone will look and thank their lucky stars for you if you're sleeping with your mouth open, snoring away, with your legs and arms thrown about wildly taking up the bedspace. But thats real life and I guess if they do, then it must be true love... or something.

Anyways, I best go drink some tea. :) The one good thing about being sick is having people fawn and take care of you. Even those little messages of health advice from friends are the sweetest things. I think this is probably one of those times where its perfectly acceptable to have someone speaking to you in "baby talk." :)

No comments: