Friday, December 26, 2003

WHOOOO! I finally finished making my Christmas presents. Sure, I'm about 3 and a half hours late, but its better late than never right?

Christmas was pretty nice. I admit, it wasn't THE GREATEST, with Mom being in the Philippines and all... but it was quite nice. I'm sure she had a good time with the family over here also.

Christmas Eve, we went over to my Dad's. I finally got to meet my newest baby niece Myla and I couldn't help but sing songs with the phrase "My love" in it and changing it to hers. "Myla... there's only you in my life... the only thing thats right..." But since she's only 2 months, we weren't able to play with her. I had an itching to call her "Spud" cause all she did was lie there and have people carry her around... but I'm sure she'll grow out of it, just like her sister Alicia, who's 2 now. Let me tell you, that girl is one ball of "Concepcion" spunk. Its funny, the family says that she's "Concecpcion" just because shes loud and somewhat stubborn. I guess thats true... cept I don't agree with the stubborn part. I don't think I'm that at all. Loud. Maybe on occasion. Anyways, this little girl is the silliest girl because she has a house full of giant boxers who are twice the size as she is... but yet when she sees my little Penelope, she's screaming and running from the puppy. :) But I just love her! When she's climbing onto your lap, hugging you and not trying to choke you... it makes you excited and eager to start a family of your own. (Not anytime soon though... but it makes you wishful...)






Close to midnight, we exchanged gifts... :) I think everyone was happy. At least I hope so.... I'm not complaining over here. My family pretty much gave up giving actual presents to the "kids" many years back opting for the gift in the envelope sort. Before you never really think about it... but when you see the babies getting actual gifts and piles and piles of toys that they can actually unwrap you kind of miss ripping the wrapping paper and getting suprised with its contents. Still no complaints though... I must admit, I get really excited ever year just shopping for my nieces' Christmas gifts and signing them from "Auntie Nicole." Even more so than the idea of recievings gifts. :)

Christmas Day... we were supposed to clean. HA. Instead, I took many naps while Carlene and Sonny indulged themselves with a new $5 xbox game. Christmas lunch... leftovers from my Tita Lagring. :) Gifts that keep on giving.

That afternoon, we went over to Chelle's and spend the evening with her and her huge family. :) Her family played White Elephant and I seriously don't think I've heard the word "vibrator" used to much during one game. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever heard it used in the game before period. Hmmm. Anyways, it was fun just sitting, chatting, and watching all the kids play.

The weather outside was frightful this holiday... the wind and rain was horrible! But at least it stopped... so YAY!

Well I hope everyone had a very nice Christmas and got what they wanted. If not, there's always next year... so make sure you're EXTRA good. ;)

No comments: