Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Still sick. Boo.

At least I don’t think it’s the flu seeing that I haven’t had a fever. Just really horrid chest congestions... Incredibly when I went to get some medicine last week, my local Rite-aid was pretty barren cold-drug wise. I was lucky to grab the last box of SEVERE COLD SUDAFED. Unfortunately, it wasn’t working. Good thing there doesn’t seem to be a cold-outbreak in Brea because I was able to get Theraflu at the Walmart there.. Tastes like holy hell... but its effective.

Last Friday night I was pretty pathetic. I was home alone since my Mom had gone to a Christmas party and Sonny and Carlene declared that night as a “date night”... so it was just me and the puppy. Even the puppy was sick because she just had some shots and was pretty groggy. Sad thing was that I couldn’t fully lay comfortably on the couch because Penelope was so sensitive and ill that even if I were to touch her, let alone move her, she’d yelp. So she took up half of the couch. She’s alright now. Hopefully I’ll be fully recovered by the weekend...

Since Mom is gone, I went to the grocery and bought things she wouldn't normally buy... like MILK. Not VANILLA FLAVORED SOY MILK. MILK. I didn't go buck wild with junk food, and maybe the "sweetest" splurge I got was a bottle of Quik so that I can turn normal MILK into Chocolate MILK. I also got ceral to go with the normal milk. There are somethings that vanilla flavored Soy milk can't replace.

I recieved an email from my cousin, Kristine, regarding my Mom in the Philippines... too funny.

Oh, your mom had an interesting evening yesterday. She was getting ready to go to bed and when she lay down on the cot (that Paul had set up) the bars of the cot gave way and she fell in ass first. Mamin was laughing too hard to help her out so I had to come down and help her out. I wish I took a picture. That could have been front page material on your blog.

NEXT TIME!

I can only imagine... :)

Last night was nice. Jill, Tracy, and Chelle came over and we all prayed together. Reminded me of high school. I was about to bust out with my Vision 2000 and start singing “Happiness.” It was a good feeling.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers for my Lola and family... It means a lot. :)

No comments: