Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Its that time of the month...

My car is acting up. Again. Suprise suprise.

But on the bright side... One more week and I'll be free! Too bad I won't be able to go anywhere seeing that the car is f*cked and people aren't getting married so Nicole has to resort to making macaroni necklaces for her friends for Christmas (spray painted gold so they won't be entirely tacky of course). Wait a sec, I thought we were talking about the "bright" side... well at least I won't have to spend money I don't have on gas for a car that doesn't work! :) YAY!

The other night, I was watching some cheesy made for tv romance on the WE (WOMEN'S ENTERTAINMENT) channel... the story line was cheesy but yet at the same time some aspects seemed very familiar. It turned out that this "movie" was actually, "This Matter of Marriage" by Debbie Macomber, some paperback romance I have. The book was pretty good though and my copy is looking ratty because I had read it so many times. It's just a cute story. So as you can imagine, I was pretty excited to see these characters I've read so much about on the television. Unfortunantly, whoever wrote the screenplay took out some bits added some that they thought would be charming and COMPLETELY RUINED THE STORYLINE. Horrible. HORRIBLE. And I sat through it hoping that the it would somehow redeem itself in the end... but it didn't. I feel like I need to re-read it so that I can banish that horrible movie from my mind. Stories like that are probably better off on the pages rather than on the screen. My imagination is WAY better than whoever created that, but thats only my opinion.

I'm gonna see my darling Lucy girls soon. :) Oh excitment! I miss them so...

No comments: