Sunday, December 01, 2002

I was arguing with my mom today over what we were going to put on top of the tree. I wanted this nice, simple gold star... whereas my mom wanted to put this big angel she had found. Since she is my mom and has power... she won. (Mom has gotten into her crazy Christmas nazi mode and has good reason too since its our first Christmas here at the house and we're having the her barkada Christmas party here.) After seeing the lifesize, moving gold angels at the Mission Inn... I've just been pretty freaked about angels. Anyways, so its on the tree and yes, I admit it looks pretty nice.. but the thing is that it has these fiberoptic thingies in the wings and dress, so it changes colors every 2 seconds. The colors prompted Carlene and I to be extremely bratty and silly tonight (as mom made us decorate till midnight... crazy I tell you)... humming the theme to Disneyland's "Electrical Parade"... and we finally decided that our angel is *DISCO* angel. *Oh won't you take me to... Bethlehem.* :) Well, at least we have a tree this year (last year, we were just so swamped with moving)... and it isnt giant spiral green monstrocity that she had up the 2 years ago. Its a real, somewhat live, fresh smelling tree. :)

No comments: