Tuesday, December 17, 2002

Joe: what did you do today?
Nicole: I studied.. and then I went to the mall...
Joe: did you get anything for me?
Nicole: sure if you want a bra

Have you noticed that people don't really talk on the phone as much to chit chat anymore? Well it seems like that for me... like everyone I know basically chats online and rarely talk to one another on the phone... unless they need like information or a question answered. I do talk on the phone on occasion with like my close friends... but I pretty much chat *when I can* online... isn't that weird? Or maybe its only me... Hmmmm... Pick up a phone and call someone to say HI! :)

Anyways, today it was raining like no other... Cat and dogs were falling from the sky, old men were snoring, and people were singing. :) Lucky me got to spend a majority of the day indoors... studying. (theres sarcasm in that remark.) But later in the afternoon, the backyard started to FLOOD! So mom started freaking out and we drove to Home Depot to find a solution... a water pump. (At first, we were thinking that we should get sandbags to put at the door just in case the water might seep in... but then we realized that Home Depot would only see the sand "bag" part and we would need to get sand somewhere else...but where? It was confusing...) So while at Home Depot, mom discovers that her drivers license is missing... she then figured that she had left it at Robinsons May in Brea the other day.

Since I had books to bring back to library it was perfect... so I drove over to Brea, dropped her off, went to Fullerton, dropped off the books, and went back to Brea to pick her up. But traffic was TERRIBLE so I decided that it would be better if we stayed at the mall and just waited the traffic out. (yes yes.. big sacrafice on my part.) Did some shopping (yay!) and came home where Carlene and her homie Sonny (the CANADIAN, eh) were making soup.

*talking about the painful Christmas Fondue 2001 experience*
Carlene: well I think we made it up this year mom, with your gift...
Mom: What did you get me? Did you get me a man?
Carlene: yes mom... we got you a man.. he's in the box under the tree...

Mom is really funny. Carlene was telling me this story about how her and mom were surfing the internet and were looking at the men over at match.com. Apparently there were some really cute older men that my mom was checking out *eeek* and Carlene was joking around with her that they should get an account with a screenname. Carlene didn't want a boring screenname for mom like Lyn821 or something of the sort so they were trying to think of a name that's fun and "catchy"... like "pinaynanay" or "aznhotmama". *i'm rolling my eyes* Carlene decided that she needed to get something that would be more unique and completely perfect for mom.. so she asked mom what she's interested in. My mom's genius answer for her screenname: Botox Junkie.

Mom: I bet all your friends think I'm crazy when they read your journal huh...

No mom... just one of a kind. :) I'm so incredibly lucky.

No comments: