Friday, December 06, 2002

Since I can't do the Mistletoe Project on Sunday due to work and since I'm the only one who has gone mistletoe picking before, Kristin and I drove over to the mountains between Lake Elsinore and San Juan Capistrano to go scout the site and look at mistletoe yesterday. So we get lost, attempt to get directions from a closed "country store" that sells "ostrich jerky" , get the proper directions from a cute ranger at the ranger station, and make serveral U-turns when we get to a place that I think is the site... only there is a chainlink fence that keeps us away from the parking place where we "normally" park. I figured that it has been 2 years since I've been back so this is probably new and the forestry people are adding some new things. It makes sense. Anyways, Kristin and I get out of the car, walk around the fence, and start to scour the trees in search for mistletoe. While we are looking, a pickup truck parks at the fence and the man inside asks us what we are doing and we brightly respond that we are on a search for mistletoe. The man in the truck says that "sure, we have mistletoe... but I don't think you want to be here. This is a Probation Camp."

OH MY GOODNESS.

Yeah, so we RAN back to the car and continued on our search for the REAL bluejay campground. The cute ranger at the ranger station could have WARNED us about that.

By the time we had found the place and picked some samples of mistletoe to show to the club, we weren't able to go to the nearby boonie outlets as we had hoped, and drove back to school instead.

Later that night... Kristin, Janelle, and I had this "plan" to suprise Steph for her birthday and I think it worked. :) At least I think she was suprised but I hear she had some idea that something was going to go down. So while at the board meeting, Lorraine called and pretended to by my mom who needed me back home. I left, had a "exchange" with Janelle on the street, got balloons and some goodies and went to downtown disney to meet up with everyone. Steph was dragged from John Woodalls house to pick up saws, to the 99 cents store to buy supplies, and then finally downtown disney for *dinner* and *suprise* ;) It was a lot of fun... I felt like a secret agent whenever I was talking to Kristin and Parth kept on winking at me during the board meeting which was pretty hilarious.

Only thing now is rather than "getting better"... my health is "sick once again" and its WORSE! I must have spent too much time in the cold or something... Argh.. its like the cold that never ended... :(

No comments: