Saturday, July 07, 2001

Today I went over to my sister's place thinking that I was going to chill with Melissa (whos down for the weekend.. YAY) and Nick... but my sister actually had a kick back with her LB friends and her old girlfriends from SL. It was really really nice and lots of fun. You know how you have those friends where no matter the time and distance between you guys, when you see each other, its just like time hasn't passed at all and you are back in your same old routine? Thats how it is for me whenever I kick it with Melissa and all my old friends from SL. I guess its that Lucy's bond that makes us act just as dorky and crazy with each other today like we did 4-5 years ago. Like today for example, Melissa and I were happily chatting away about how we were... family stuff, school stuff, how she sorta kinda likes a guy but not sure, how i kinda do like a guy but he probably doesnt like me, what we were going to do with our futures, her plans for the big 21 (which is going to be extremely wicked if I actually have the guts to do it) and we came to the topic of how our old friends from SL were doing. We talk to Tam and Lisa on occasion but really havent heard from Maria in a while... so on a whim I called her! Yes she was suprised and probably thought I was drunk... but it was like old times. Maybe not for her... but for me it was a sense of comfort knowing that I still had a bond with this person whom I haven't seen or heard from in a year or so. I realized that I missed her as well as Lisa, Tam, Melissa, and hey... even Di and Joanna.. I missed our "GOOD TIMES" and silly everyday conversations. The other day, Carrie brought over a note that Lisa gave her to give to me and it reminded me of how during freshman year Mel, Lisa and I would write these silly notes while in Mr Dennison's (aka Senor Chipmunk) spanish class and try to outFOLD each other. In our crazy hectic lives, its amazing that we all have time to think of each another every so often and ask HOW ARE YOU DOING and it will all seem like we are having lunch in the quad again. =)

That was basically my day, chilling in a haze of SL thoughts and memories. I'm suprised that no one busted into singing HAPPINESS.
1) I'm grateful to have so many happy experiences and memories from HS. There are some people out there who HATED theirs and I just think how lucky I am to have found 7 wonderful girls who made my years there just wonderful. Yeah sure times have changed and some of those 7 have also, but for those crazy times and adventures... thank you.
2) I'm grateful my sister had AIRCONDITIONING and FAN over at her apartment... its getting HOT here! EEK!
3) I'm grateful for my new friends today... I really don't think we'll part anytime soon because you know... we're all planning for each other to be our children's god-parents... but if we were...I'm sure we'll have the same bonds as we do today. *does that make any sense??* OH well... I see it... I feel it... and thats all that matters. =)

No comments: