Sunday, July 22, 2001

I think I got the sick the other night when Beth, Ryan, Kenny, Stephanie, Armando, and I kicked it in the parking lot of Mimi's Cafe till MIDNIGHT after the conventionmeeting. Oh well.. it was lots of fun though.. at first us girls were off on our own talking about men and relationships while the guys were chatting about baseball and batting grips or something... but we were able to cometogher and talk about stuff for a good 2 hours! Too bad it was rather chillly... but oh well. I'll just have an extra vitamin C in the morning.

Well, yesterday was the day. Nicki Durkan got married. Shes now Mrs. Lan! Ohmygosh.. Nicki has a husband!! Well, she was sooooo positively radient in her gorgeous white gown and bouquet of only red roses... I had goosebumps all throughout the ceremony.. the whole thing was just beautiful.

OH at the church, Sr. Michele (our old principal from Holy Name) and Sr. Carmel (our 4th grade teacher who used to stuff tissues up her sleeves and who we were all convinced that she picked her nose during morning prayer) were sitting right behind us! Sooo.. I turned around to Sr. Carmel and said *HI SISTER!! DO YOU REMEMBER ME* and I didn't think she would cause it seems like eons since last I saw her.. but she did!! Same with Sr. Michele who looked at Carlene and myself and said... THE CONCEPCION SISTERS!! and gave us a big huge hug!! OHHH and Father Peter Dennis did the ceremony... I swear, it was like I was back at Holy Name... I was sitting up, singing loud, and had my hands neatly folded on my lap... =) With the nuns sitting behind me.. who wouldn't!

Well the reception was beautiful of course.. saw a lot of old faces there as well. Joe, Nicki's lil brother is all grown up now!! I mean sure he's 13 and a half... but I keep on imagining him as this lil 5 year old who used to call my mom his "friend".

There's something evil about the throwing of the bouquet... I mean sure, I guess it gives hope to women that they too will find love and get married... but its just embarassing! All your hopes and dreams are in that one bouquet that you have to fight and brawl to catch... its just scary. Well, Carlene had already left and theres no way my mom is going with me... so the rest of the married couples in table 14 told me to get up there and join the other sad singles to catch the bouquet. SO the evil dj is hearding us like cattle on the dance floor and says... *HEY GUYS!! LOOK AT ALL THE SINGLE WOMEN* which in my mind interprets to *HEY HEY HEY FELLAS!! CHECK OUT ALL THE DESPERATE LADIES!! WANNA GET LUCKY!?! TAKE YOUR PICK!* ( I dunno.. my mind is rather sadistic sometimes...) The DJ continues on to say *WELL GALS... BEFORE WE THROW THE BOUQUET.. WE WANNA SEE YOU DANCE FIRST* So... on comes the music... and here comes the sad dance of singlehood. Well, Nicki throws the bouquet... one girl runs for it while the rest of us cringe... and the 10 year old bridesmaid catches it instead. Thats life for you huh.

Afterwards, I rushed over to Jennifer's birthday party. My lil cousin is not so lil anymore and has turned 18. It was lots and lots of fun!! John and Gerry came down from San Jose and we all pretty much just observed the youth, acted like fools =) *we love jen jen!*, and danced the night away. Jr, Jen, and Angel have some crazy friends who really have no problem with invading personal space. Well, Carlene and I plan to take the girls out *clubbin* this thursday and spend some quality cousin bonding time since Bombie decided that he's too old to plan the "cousin outing" and has delegated the next oldest... myself... the duty. =P

the list!
1) I'm grateful that I'm really close with my cousins... I love them all to bits! It was great cause Jen was giving a thank you speech and when she got to the "family" thank yous... we were all tearing up and cheering loud and proud. *muah*
2) I'm grateful that Nicki finally found her Gilbert... We used to read Anne of Green Gables over and over again when we were younger and always wondered if we would find our very own Gilbert Blythe... and she did. I'm soo happy for her and I wish her many many years of love and happiness.
3) I'm grateful for everything and everyone who shaped me into who I am today. Seeing Sr. Michele, Sr. Carmel, and Fr. Peter brought back a flood of old memories and feelings... and they were all good. =)

No comments: