Wednesday, July 04, 2001

Happy 4th of July everyone!! (backround music STARS AND STRIPES FOREVER... *da da dadada dadada... dadadada dadada da da da DA.*) I swear, today is the epitome of SUMMER with the scent of burning charcoal, wet cement from kids splashing in the pool, and of course FIREWORKS. Back in the days of "SAN DIMAS" all the cousins would come over and we'd start the day by swimming in the pool and then off to our Nintendo CONTRA tournament until it was time for fireworks. Then after the show it was back into the pool and then possibly off to gamble coins in Blackjack. OH MY GOSH.. I remember one 4th when my dad and my aunts were playing Mahjong and for some reason Angel, then 8 i think, started crying. So my dad wanting to make the situation less tense broke out the karaoke and insisted that Angel cried into the microphone. HAHAHAHAH.. that was too hilarious... But things are different now... obviously.

I think my dad is in Seattle for the holiday... and my mom has to work. Carlene has her summer school and would be probably hanging out with her friends anyways. Last year I had a service project but it was helping at the Fullerton Firework show and though it was my first 4th not with my family, it was nice being able to see the fireworks up close. I guess its time for new traditions. Today I'll be back at the Fullerton show and then off to have a picnic with friends and wait for fireworks. I like it. Its simple, fun, and my own.

I have a job interview on thursday so everyone keep their fingers crossed that 1) I do well... 2) the interviewer is ACTUALLY there 3) I get the job. I think its do-able. =)

Had dinner over in Old Town Pasadena with Carrie and Manny earlier today. The wait at Cheesecake was 45-60 minutes long but we were all tired and not willing to budge so we waited it out. Had some interesting conversations (ie Carrie wanting a baby... but NOT NOW... *Life is full of wouldas couldas and shouldas...* ) and for some odd reason Carrie found some paper in her sandwich. Crazycrazycrazy.... the original plan was to get pizza at this one place where we got it during New Years, but ALAS.. the place is NO LONGER THERE. Weird.

same old stuff:
1) I'm grateful that I got a job interview. =) I'd be even more grateful if I got the job!
2) I'm grateful friends who are willling to do crazy and spontaneous things. Ok..maybe not TOO crazy... but aren't afraid to get adventurous. I mean we did go to Vegas on a whim right? SO i'm thinking of things we can do to top the Vegas trip... I think that skydiving would be interesting but out of the question due to my acute fear of heights and dude.. we cant get Beth on a plane let alone jump off one. So if anyone has any ideas... please share... or even if you wanna come along on... tell me!
3) I'm grateful for those who struggled and died for freedom and very greatful to be living in the USA. HAPPY 4TH!

No comments: