Monday, July 09, 2001

I just finished this hilarious book that Beth gave me... "THE BAD GIRL'S GUIDE TO GETTING WHAT YOU WANT" by Cameron Tuttle and though I highly doubt that I'll be getting EVERYTHING that I want after reading it, I have this sense of empowerment that it is achieveable. It was your basic "Girl power, I don't take shit from anyone, go out and take some risks" book and it was filled with great funny advice such as "Stop making the same old mistakes and start making new ones", "do not flush toliet with foot when wearing mules" and "If he dances and dresses better than you, he's interested in something else altogether." Important things women should know for their everyday lives. I definitely loved this book...

"If you wait to get what you want, it may be too late." ahhhhh... I think thats good advice for everyone, especially when it comes to that wacked up world of romance. I wished I had the guts to say "Hi.. I like you. I really really like you." but come on... I'm freaked that his response would be:
1) nothing cause he's rolling on the floor laughing uncontrollably.
2) "gee thats great" and then runs away
3) "oh my gosh... shut up. you're kidding right?"
...and the humiliating imaginary responses are endless.

Shy singletons are whittling away waiting for the object of their affection to make the move... and it just doesnt happen. I dunno, maybe I do have the guts to do something like that... but I guess that constant fear of rejection is always tripping me up even before I get to the starting line. *sigh* DAMN THAT ALL GIRL HIGH SCHOOL... I swear, once getting out and entering college, the opposite sex has always boggled my mind. I did have guy friends and crushes back then... but it was different. My first day at CSUF was a total culture shock because I was SURROUNDED by guys... some of them even CUTE! At Lucy's we had classes on the importance of communication in marriages, the many definitions of love, etc, but nothing on how to FIND that person we were to love and marry. I know it will happen someday... but how and when? I guess its all in the hands of God... and me if I have the strength to make a move... and him if he has the strength to move my way also. Compromise is good right?

*wink*
1) I'm grateful that Beth gave me that book... and for Sex in the City, Bridget Jones, and Eliza Bennet... aren't they the greatests? With all the guys convinced that WOMEN ARE EVIL (which is retarded guys.. really. =P) you can feel 10 times better after watching an episode or reading a book by Helen Fielding, Jane Austen, or Melissa Banks.. Sure women can make mistakes, but we always get back on our feet with a giant smile on our face and the knowledge that if they're too high, obstacles, like high heels, can be adjusted.
2) I'm grateful for thrift shops, vintage stores and outlets.
3) I'm grateful I had a good day today.

No comments: