Sunday, July 08, 2001

I was getting ready to go to a service project today when I decided to take out the trash first before I left. So I grabbed the trash and my cellie intending to call Carrie and tell her that I'd meet her up later... dumped the trash and then realized that I was locked out. Yay. My mom had gone to the Nissan dealership to get her car checked and wouldn't be back for a while... but at least I had my cellie. I gave early afternoon wakeup calls to Joe and Carlene, and then Lisa entertained me for a good 45 mins. 2 hours later, mom is home and I'm inside! YAY! But its too late to go to the project... so instead, I go house hunting with my mom and Tita Maria.

We found this really really nice house that ironically is right across the street from out first apartment in the boondocks of chino hills. It was funny cause mom was so enamored with the house, as was i, and she was already telling folks to take off their shoes so that it won't get the pretty white carpet dirty. Tita Maria is crazy though... she kept on asking me if I had a boyfriend and it led to this conversation...
Tita Maria: Have you met my cousin Bong? (you know filipinos.. crazy nicknames... his name is BILL)
Me: Yeah.. I think so...
Tita Maria: You know he's single...
Me: (politely) Oh really?
Tita Maria: YEAH!! And he has 2 kids... thats an instant family if you want it!
Good gracious.... that was just a bit scary. Of course she was kidding... *at least I HOPE so* but still... family friends trying to set me up? Joking how I'm getting older and how marriage is only a few years away? Starting a family? Come on!! Let me finish school first!! EEk!

Been thinking about my future though and I realized that since I'm planning to become a teacher... kids will be calling me MISS CONCEPCION. Imagine that.. being surrounded by 30 6-8 year olds constantly asking for MISS CONCEPCION.. MISS CONCEPCION....Isn't that horrible? I could shorten it to MISS C. but thats just annoying... so maybe Miss Nicole... but what teacher allows her students to call her by her first name? Beth's solution is that I get married before I start teaching. *great*

Afterwards, I went over to Carrie's for a movie night with Ryan, Beth, Manny and Stephanie which was really chill and fun... and Carrie cooked up a batch of potstickers! =) We planned the cooking menu for the weekend and we'll see how things turn out up in the woods. OH Lisa came over too and I was really happy to see her and chill with her too... despite being in a CKI people atmosphere and you know.. she vowed to stay from any organization that starts or involves a K. =)

guess what?
1) I'm grateful that we think we found something that we liked today... I hope it works out, but even if it doesnt, at least we know what we are looking for and what we want.
2) I'm grateful for Tita Maria, Tito Rit and Tita Erna... for helping my mom out with all this house stuff. =)
3) I:m grateful that my mom came home and that I wasn't locked out forever.

No comments: