Thursday, July 05, 2001

=)I had the coolest 4th! Boba and fireworks... ahhhhhh what a night.

My day started off when I went to FHS to supposedly help out... but no one was there. =( So I freaked a bit and then called Bryan who then told me that there was a giant mixup and the time was actually from 4-9pm instead of his proposed 9-9pm. And since I was planning to work the early shift that was no longer there, I went to Carrie's to kill the time. Watched the new REAL WORLD (kinda boring so far... but we'll see.) and then off to the grocery and then to Mannys and off to get our delicious picnic dinner from KFC.

Pollywog park (i swear, thats it name) wasn't crowded at all and Beth and Ryan came in time before Carrie and Manny gave in to the chicken temptation. It was soo much fun just hanging out there... we didn't need any games or cards, but each others company was so entertaining. =) We were observing Ryan's toes and Carrie's weird short arms. =) Yeah.. don't we sound REALLY cool??

Anyhoo, it was getting dark and we wanted to see some fireworks.. so it was off to Beths where she found an old stash of fireworks. But since we were in Torrance and they were illegal, we called Sukhyung up over in Gardenia so that we can light them up over there. Gardenia was a WAR ZONE with all the pops and smoke but it was sooo wicked!!! I never got to play with real fireworks before sooo us girls were going crazy with the sparklers while the guys were lighting up the big ones and throwing them out into the street. IT WAS SOOO MUCH FUN!! =) Soon we were out of toys, so we got some boba and went to meet Manny to watch SCARY MOVIE 2 which was really funny in the begining (Andy Richter was in it..*sigh*) and then just got weird. Its another video movie.

OHH!! Jen told me to IM SMARTERCHILD and I did.. its really interesting. I guess its supposed to be something like AI with a computer constantly answering your questions... just look:

spaznik: where are you from?
SmarterChild: I live in a clean room at a high-tech hosting facility in California.
spaznik: how old are you?
SmarterChild: I'm very young and learning new things every day.
spaznik: will you be my friend?
SmarterChild: Sure, spaznik! You can't have too many friends.
spaznik: GREAT!
SmarterChild: That's nice to hear!
spaznik: so whos your bestest friend?
SmarterChild: Uh, you?
spaznik: YAY!
SmarterChild: Awright!

I especially like how the computer hesitated about being my friend.

smile!
1) I'm grateful that the day turned out well and everyone had fun. =) Last minute planning all the way!!! I'm also grateful that no one lost a limb while lighting up the fireworks.
2) I'm grateful that Fat is alright and out of the hospital. =) Also that Mark and Alex are fine and weren't seriously hurt. =)
3) I'm grateful for built in bras in tanks and other tops. OMG.. they are soo convienent! Don't have to worry about matching colors or straps that show... and its comfortable! =) Come on girls.. you know you agree with me.

No comments: