Monday, July 16, 2001

Once again last minute planning has succeeded and I had a GREAT weekend. =) Technically Beth's birthday is today, but we started celebrating Friday up in Big Bear. This "cabin" was like the boonie REAL WORLD house.. SERIOUS!! It has like 7 bedrooms and 4 baths.. and there was a basement with a foozeball table, pinball game, jukebox, ms pacman arcade game, couches, tv, bar, AND shooting gallery that looked like the porthole to john malcovich's head...OH and this tiny creepy kids room that was hidden away in one of the bedrooms... it was awesome!! Well anyways, once settling in, we made our own pizzas... (which suprisingly turned out really good!) and I learned how to play Mafia. (I dont like playing with Manny though cause he'll start barking at you and will start screaming *ARE YOU MAFIA!?!* over and over while shaking your head... its very scary.)

Saturday, got an early morning BEATING from Carrie... She's INSANE!! I was happily sleeping away and suddenly my sadistic roomie is jumping on my bed exclaiming *NICOLE WAKE UP!! COME PLAY WITH ME!!* I groaned and buried my head under the pillow thinking that if she didn't see me, then all will be fine. But no... I was wrong. She grabbed the pillow I had burrowed underneath and proceeded to beat me senseless. I yelled...I screamed... I cried for help... and the best I got was Manny coming out from his room and *SHHHHHUSHing* us. Carrie gave up and left... but she won. I couldn't go back to sleep so I joined Carrie and Sukyhung in the kitchen where Carrie's cantalop cutting made me very nervous.

After breakfast, we drove over to the lake were Beth & Ryan and Manny & Stephanie kayacked without a hitch... and where Carrie and Sukyhung attempted canoeing... but drank lake water instead and had to be rescued. =) I was content to stay onshore with my camera and capture all the canoe dunking action.... Later I got to fly this really cute *gay* kite that Beth gave me... and almost got electricuted by those crazy powerlines...
Lunch, ice cream at the village, several death threats to manny and a nap later...(he wouldn't let me sleep and started to beat me down with the pillow!)... we all helped Iron Chef Beth with dinner (which was really great! *The sweetness of the captain crunch blended nicely with the chicken... like ying and yang fried*) and then off to the basement for "THE SHINNING". (which really wasn't as scary as it was when I saw it the first time eons ago.)

Sunday, woke up Ryan and we made our super simple breakfast of bacon and eggs while Stephanie made Mickey Mouse waffles... once the whole house was awake and fed.. WE CLEANED. =) Beth make some cornbred and I got to make my OH SO GOOD chili for lunch... and back to the cleaning and packing up. As we were waiting for the sheets to dry, we played one of the longest games of UNO I have ever played... it was over an HOUR!! *damn those 4 draw wild cards!* Finally we were finished with everything and leaving our luxurious cabin.

*High on a hill was a lonely goatherd
Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo*
1) I'm grateful that I had an awesome weekend and everyone had fun as well. =)
2) I'm grateful that we were able to get the cabin and everything worked out even if we didn't have enough time to plan... thanks stephanie for hooking us up!
3) I'm grateful for my crazy kookie friends.

No comments: