Friday, July 27, 2001

I have come to the realization today that BUFFALO is only a WEEK away!! A week!! SOO exciting... =) and yet sad cause once ICON is done, summer is done and time to go back to school. OH WELL.. lets focus on the happy thoughts.. rain drops on roses, whiskers on kittens, and a grand ole time in Buffalo NY. =) Beth has already planned out the times where we can go venture out into the city and play tourist. President McKinley was assinated in Buffalo in 1901... gruesomely depressing huh. Don't know if I wanna go visit that spot.. but its one of our options.

Wouldn't it be cool if you can make Tshirt with a picture of you wearing a shirt with a picture of yourself on it? I was trying to convince Beth to make that her convention shirt but shes dead set on her tuxedo shirt.. which is still a pretty kick ass shirt. Guys wouldn't have to worry about bringing a suit and just bust out with their cotton Hanes tuxedo shirt instead. But imagine going to the grocery in a shirt with a picture of you wearing that shirt of youself on it... what a converstaion piece!! Or you can make the picture of youself on the shirt looking upwards and smiling at you (the wearer of the shirt). It seems complicated in words, but once the shirt is made... it will make sense. =)

My mom is becoming more and more impressed by my adventures in cooking. I attempted to make fried chicken for dinner last night... and although it looked a lot like tempura.. it wasnt bad. =) Ok.. prehaps a bit salty... but nothing was raw and no one is yakking. We haven't been to go to the grocery in a while and I had to make do with the ingredients we had... I'm just grateful it was edible. I was dancing and cooking to the the music of the new Nsync album... I felt like I was in some cheesy movie where the heroine cooks and dances to a wooden spatula... oh wait.. i was holding a spatula too.

Speaking of my mom... since my days are BLAH.. I was listening to the radio earlier today and K-earth was playing *Monday Monday* by the Mama and the Papas... this song always makes me think of my mom and my Tita Ne. I guess when they were younger, they formed a band of some sort for their talent show back in high school... but they never practiced cause they thought *Monday Monday* was an easy song and with not a lot of technical harmonies. So they day of the event came.. and they started singing... *Monday monday... na na na na na na.. So good to me..* and they were doing pretty well up until the *every other day.. every other day... * part. One girl freaked and slid off the stage...and one by one the members of the band would abandon the group and dissapear onto the wings of the stage...until Tita Ne was the only one out and singing... well she freaked as well and ran. So much for their 15 minutes of stardom. My mom was always telling me crazy stories of her childhood... maybe if you kids are good... I'll tell you about the time she jumped off the roof cause she was dared by her brothers to jump and land without bending her knees...

*friday friday...*
1) I'm grateful for chances to try something new...
2) I'm grateful for late night chats about nothing.... it all equals to something.
3) I'm grateful for the person who invented that sheet of rubber that you use to open jars....

No comments: