Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Signs that I'm growing up...

First there was Todd Oldham... then Isaac Mizrahi...

While at Target today, I got EXCITED!!! over the fact that Rachel Ashwell had a line of Shabby Chic sheets, duvets, quilts and pillows. OH.. and window treatments at reasonable prices. Instead of searching at antique shops for the perfect bed linens... its right at my local Target all this time!! You don't understand how long I stood there, staring at the patterns and the endless possibilities that one can do with one's bedroom with new sheets.

I haven't got anything... yet. There's a quilt there that's calling my name and possibly new curtains that are so gosh darn pretty and girly that I may have to twirl around the bedroom in a tutu once I put them up.

I also got a new lamp. A NEW LAMP! My eyes won't strain anymore when I read at night! :)

See, I must be getting old.

Actually... not too old for Disneyland. :)

I went there earlier this afternoon with Laura and Vanessa for some Disney fun before they had to go to their perspective classes and work. After wandering the boardwalk over at California Disney, we watched in awe as Laura won a giant stuffed cow by throwing a softball into a milkjug... on her 3rd out of 8 balls. Lucky girl!

Anyways, for the rest of the day, we had to lug the cow, which we named "Moo-cow", around the park.


Laura, Chip, and Moo-cow


For lunch, we went to Ariel's Grotto, which is restaurant where they have characters walking around and mingling with the guests...


Moo-Cow deciding what he wants to eat


Moo-cow became a hit with all the characters. Chip and Dale came to the table, petted Moo-cow and gave us hugs all around. Goofy had mimed nice things to Moo-cow and the sunglasses that we had put on his head. Minnie went into this crazy rant about how Moo-cow reminded her that biological clock was ticking and Mickey just wasn't cutting it and her need to start a family... or at least that's what I interpreted from her miming...

Pluto on the other hand stormed the table, grabbed Moo-cow, and went INSANE!!


Pluto doing horrible things to moo-cow



Pluto mad and throws Moo-cow to the ground...



After slapping his elbow, Pluto body slams Moo-cow and beats him senselessly.



Pluto decides that he's hungry... and he's in the mood for steak.



Pluto is done "playing" with Moo-cow. "I'm done with you... BITCH" he says mimes...


Afterwards, Moo-cow had this victimized "I'm sooo dirty" look about him. Poor Moo-cow.

That was probably the most absurd and hilarious thing I've seen in a looong time... :) Thank goodness I had a camera on me or else NO ONE would believe it.

No comments: