Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Last night was the first of 9 Swing Dance lessons that Melissa and I are partaking in with our moms at the local community center.

*slow... slow... quick quick*

Its funny, we were told that we didn't need partners which is true in a sense since the dance instructor makes his way around the room and practices the steps with the single girls. But a good majority of the time, we all just danced in a line... by ourselves.

*slow... slow... quick quick...slow... slow... quick quick*

Well, until Mom turned to me and became my partner. BOOYAH.. I think. Hold on a sec, what's the point of knowing how to swing dance if I can only go out and dance in public with my Mom (who doesn't really look like she could be my mom so now we just look like a lesbian couple *slow.. slow.. quick quicking* together!)

Whatever. :) Its still a lot of fun, despite the fact that the instructor sure does talk a lot when really, he should just blast the music and let us dance already. And actually, the big "new" step we learn was *slow slow... kick kick* seeing that I already knew *quick quick* from before.

It must be nice to have a real "man" partner though. There are actual couples in the class and they just adorable as they struggle and fight over turns and whatnot.

Aww... why can't I have that?

:P