Sunday, June 13, 2004

Been spending a lot of *downtime* with my Mom this week. Sometimes I'll look at her and wonder at the fact that she could be so completely WEIRD and the combination of us together makes me feel like I'm living out a sitcom.

After shopping last night, Mom and I decided that we were hungry. The only thing though, was that we only had $6 in cash between the both of us. With nothing at home and laziness taking its toll, we rolled into the El Pollo Loco drive thru and looked at the menu:

Drive thru guy: Welcome to El Pollo Loco... may I take your order?
Mom: Hold on a sec.. what should we get?
Me: How about the Spicy Chicken Burrito?
Mom: Will we have enough?
Me: I think so...
Mom: Should we get 1 or 2?
Me: 2?
Mom: Will we have enough?
Me: I think so... I have coins....
*looks in wallet and finds a $10*
Me: I HAVE MONEY!!
Mom: Not so loud... they can hear you! They'll think we're desperate for food.

After getting food
Mom: Is this burrito good?
Me: I don't know. I looked up and saw it as the cheapest thing on the menu.
Mom: This is pathetic.

Which brings us to today
Mom: Lets go shopping! I want to go to Brea...
Me: No!! Then we won't have money for food!!

Oh... how I love this woman. :)

No comments: