Thursday, June 17, 2004

"blah blah blah orifice blah blah..."

Well, I can't tell you how he smelled because they guy next to me in the star lounge had a big venti cup of cuppasomething... so that pretty much invaded my "scent" circle. Nor did I have him sign my boob because really, I wouldn't have the guts to do so. Not that I didn't have the opportunity though... OH WHAT? Read on!




I met up with Jean at the Star 98.7 studios just in time to get into the "lounge." Basically, it was a room, with some kitchy couches, a lavalamp, and a stage. Since we were a tad bit late, we weren't able to sit on the couch... we sat on the ground in the VERY front. Oh boo hoo huh. :)

In addition to being interviewed, Jason Mraz sang 3 songs... The Remedy, Curbside prophet, and a kick ass version of Seals and Crofts's "Summer Breeze." ONLY 3 songs!! But let me say that being one of probably 40 people in the room made it absolutely worth it. He was so close, that if I wanted, I could have grabbed his foot and found out if he was ticklish.

I felt like I was the only girl in the room and he was singing to ME! But I'm sure everyone felt like that also. But we all know who he was really singing to...

*dreamily* Me.

Yeah right... but its nice to think so. :)

Did I mention that when he sang, my toes were curling and I was getting goosebumps ON goosebumps?! He made my afternoon. :)


Jason Mraz in the star lounge



proof that we were really close...
his feet and flip flops..


Anyways, since Jean had to stick around afterwards to pick up some tickets (did I mention that she WON the whole experience from the radio!? Lucky girl!!) and leave her resume with the receptionist, I saw that Jason Mraz was coming out from one of the doors with his posse and about to catch an elevator.

"Look Jean! If we leave now... we might get to ride in the elevator with Jason Mraz!"

Actually, we didn't rush at all... we didn't want to look like crazy fanatic fans chasing him down halls and ripping his clothes off. (I said "LOOK LIKE". Sure the thought has come to mind but to do so would mean "restraining order.") But once we were done, we looked down the corridor and saw that Mraz and Co were walking INTO an open elevator... and so we casually followed them in.

OH MY GOODNESS!! I'M IN THE ELEVATOR WITH JASON MRAZ!!

... and all I could do was stare at the doors in front of me. I was trying so hard to contain my excitement. I needed to be cool. Calm. So I stared at the doors. The silver doors that had no shine so I couldn't see his reflection behind me. THOSE USELESS DOORS! DAMMIT!

Anyways, Jean had the balls to turn around and ask him to sign something... but then the folks around us all laughed because they were just waiting and counting down the seconds till one of us would break. Bastards.

But still... THE SAME ELEVATOR. THE SAME AIR!

I think he's pretty short. Once again... I'm not sure. He was behind me.

:)

After a late lunch and shopping in Glendale, I zipped to the Walt Disney Concert Hall to meet up with Jean (again... she ran back to LA for some errands), Beth, Benji, Norma and Maritza for the Jason Mraz show.


the Walt Disney concert hall... shiny!


This time though... we weren't as close as before...




But still, it was a good concert... although I think the one we saw at the Wilterin earlier in November was better to me because he sang the songs I knew and loved. Here, it was a lot of new stuff... They were good... I just didn't know them.

His voice was still SEXY AS HELL! :) With that going for him, you can never really be disappointed huh.

The concert hall is gorgeous. While outside, Beth and I decided that we want to go to the top of it some day. We'll go to the top... and roll down a ping pong ball... or go skateboarding on it. That's how gorgeous it is... it provokes the imagination. :)

Oh what a GREAT day!! :)

No comments: