Thursday, August 28, 2003

Sunday... I woke up to recieve a call from Jen. She asked me if I was going to go visit Nanang at the hospital. I told her that I wasn't thinking about it... but then she said that her dad had called her and apparently her dad, my dad, and my aunt were making "arrangements" because it wasn't looking good for Nanang.

Basically, this trip to the hospital was to say "goodbye."

I was in shock. I was upset. I was angry at my dad for not telling me in the first place. I had no idea what was going on. I was scared.

Normally, I'm not one of those "I hate hospitals" folks. I can go to volunteer, have tests done, visit mom... but that day I just did not want to be there. The smell was sickening and you could feel it begining to stick to your clothes. The walk to the SCU seemed long and once we got in, the walk to her bed seemed to go in slowmotion.

The room was pretty dim except for the glow of the different machines she was attached to. Nanang was sleeping and she looked so small in her bed. I can't say that she looked fine since she's been slowly diminishing since she's been at the home but I guess I can say that she appeared not to be... um...

Thankfully mom came and so she went to the desk to see what exactly was Nanangs condition. She was dehydrated... but at the moment stablized. At that moment, she's ok. And thats when we were all able to breathe again.

The rest of the time in Nanangs room was spent reminicing about some of the good ole "Concepcion" days... and a lot of the not so good ones. Blah.

Anyways, I haven't been able to have a real talk with Nanang for many years now due to the Alzheimer's and what not, but when I do see her when I get the chance... she recognizes me. I know she does. I wanted her to wake up right then and there and just to see that we were there and that we loved her.

Its kinda funny when you think about the whole thing though. My overdramatic cousin JR, every Christmas and Thanksgiving, would say Grace before family dinners... and each time he would say something to the extent of that year's holiday maybe Nanang's last. Even Nanang herself when she was still her crazy, normal, self would say that she was dying when she just had a cramp in her foot and needed to be massaged. And even now, my dad, uncle, and aunt were making "plans" and she wasn't gone. At this rate, Nanang is going to outlive us all.

Of course I'm joking and while I'm trying to see the lighter side of this... she's still sick. She's going to have a tube put into her stomach and she'll be fed through that from now on, which is a really good thing since feeding her orally was practically impossible. But this is the solution at the moment and I'm praying to God that this works. So if you can keep her in your prayers, I'll be very grateful.


~*~
Anyways, life just got a bit more hectic seeing that school started up this week. My schedule isn't too bad, but work has pretty much turned into a fulltime thing. Or at least it feels like it. Oh my. But its all good... Sonny works with me now and I see him ALL THE TIME. AT WORK. AT HOME. Thank GOD for school. :P Just kidding Sonny! Its actually cool to have him there and Sarah (the new girl) because its like I have little playmates with me at work instead of me doing thing all by myself. :)

GAMEPLAN for next weekend!
jeanyah: you should go eat a corndog in front of greg ...
jeanyah: sean
jeanyah: whatever
jeanyah: he'll fall in love with you

Ah... if only it were that easy Jean... if only.

No comments: