Monday, August 04, 2003

Oh my goodness gracious.

:)

Today... was a TERRIFFIC day.

I got to ride the carrousel (with a pretty pink horse)... take some pictures with fobby asain tourists... share some candy apples with my mom, sister, and sister's Canadian boyfriend... spend some *good times* with good friends... AND when I got to my computer... I found the sweetest most greatest email in my mailbox. LAURIE NOTARO wrote to me. She found my lamenting blog about missing her book signing and she wrote to me. *gasp* Can I just say that I yelled "OH MY GOODNESS!", had a HUGE smile on my face... and if I weren't so eager to read the email, I would have pranced about my room like a britney spears backup dancer. Aww... I'm so happy. :)

Anyways, poor Carlene apparently broke her finger when she slammed the door on it Friday night coming home from the Dane Cook show. And I guess in typical Concepcion fashion, rather than going to the hospital right after... we waited till... SUNDAY to go. (flashbacks of falling down Nordstrom garage parking stairs, landing on my arm, proceeding to shop until it was TOO painful... only having to drive myself 50 miles home... only to be told by my mom *the nurse* that its only bruised... only to discover 3 days later that it was broken by a doctor) Since then though, we've been packing it on frozen foods (mostly corn) seeing that we have no ice and mom made a splint for her using popsicle sticks (which was replaced by fancy one from Rite-Aid. You can't sell expensive purses with popsicle sticks stuck to your finger.) But I guess the doctor said that it is broken (I think... or something) and she's doing alright. :) And we've been eating meals with corn in it. Yay? :)

No comments: