Sunday, August 24, 2003

Every so often, I'll work at a location that I'll mentally put on my "places I wanted to get married at" list. But never have I gone to a place where I have been so blown away by until I got to decorate the former Park Place Hotel in Los Angeles. It's just absolutely beautiful there. Park Plaza Hotel was built in 1925 and its detailed Art Deco architecture is just breathtaking. The moment I walked through the door, I was in love with the building. Not even seeing the rooms, I offically declared it as "THE PLACE." Ok... so I guess now I just gotta do is fine "THE GROOM" and save "THE MONEY" to get it... but seriously, its like a girl-fantasy found. So, when I went back for the teardown at 1am, I brought my camera. :)


The front entrance of the former Park Plaza Hotel. Isn't it gorgeous!?!
My pictures doesn't really do it justice, but then again, its 4am and proper lighting is working against me.


The ceiling of one of the ballrooms. You can't see it very well, but theres amazing designs painted on it. Its so detailed that your eye is just constantly looking at something.


Light fixtures in the ceremony room.


The elevator at the hotel was one of those old school elevators where you had to close the door yourself and pull/push on the lever to lift you up and down. Ohmygoodness... it was FREAKY and yet kind of fun in an eerie way. Anyways, so this is a picture of the floor indicator above the elevator door. I could almost imagine it spinning out of control as an elevator falling into something dark and awful. But I survived and only screamed twice for the holy heavens to hear me.


I actually would like to go back someday with my SLR and just have a field day with the place. Its funny though because security was so adamant about us not going above the 2nd floor... which prompted my imagination to concoct visions of ghosts and secrets needing to be uncovered. Its so delicious in that building!! The ballrooms all have a unique feel to them and it's just rich with eye art deco candy. Awww... so pretty.

I guess the only "bad point" against it is that it's not in the greatest part of LA. As we were packing the trailer, there was this helicopter that kept on passing above us and into the nearby park. In addition the bums that were just hovering constantly around us... Sonny said he saw a hooker too. Eek!

Anyways since I'm not going to be getting married anytime soon.... can we say that I am absolutely in love with this puppy! :) She is the most precious thing...




Mom with Penelope... where's the puppy!?!


:) Too cute huh. I hate to imagine what I would do when I have real KIDS one day. Oh my.

No comments: