Monday, August 18, 2003

"I know I know I know I know I know I want you.... I want you."

Ahhh the weekends come and they go so quickly. Its a shame when you wake up Sunday morning knowing that tomorrow its gonna be back to the mundane habits of the real world. But I do love my Sundays though. When God said that on the 7th day, we rest... she wasn't kidding.

The weekend wasn't too horrid workwise. My wedding on Saturday was an afternoon wedding... so I actually got to sleep in a bit. :) As I was decorating a gazebo for a ceremony, some kids were playing nearby. I guess they were fighting over 1) who's gonna climb the tree and 2) The piece of chain that was on the tree. I don't know who won though, but I have my money on the little girl who cried "I'M GONNA KICK YOU IN THE BALLS."

Man. I miss those days when you could scream phrases like that and still be considered as cute.

Afterwards, Sonny and I went over to Dielle's house for Tati's birthday party where Carlene met up with us. Actually, it was more like 7 other kids' birthdays so it was cake galore over there. (There was one particular chocolate cake that was just delicious. Everyone was fawning over it. Jamie said that the "icing was made out of love." It was that good.) Got to see Chelle, Melissa, Erica, Andrew and other old faces... although I came home feeling incredibly old. ;P It was still a lot of fun. Stephen and John had a mini jam session in the garage that was amazing. Watch out now... those boys are talented! :) There was fobby karaoke (with the MAGIC MIC) that was accompanied with somewhat dirty dancing from lolas in their chineleas in the kitchen, chinese jumprope, pusoydos, and I think I just scored a date for GRADNITE with Andrew. WHOOHOO!! ;)

Unfortunantly, party time ended early for Carlene, Sonny and myself because we had a teardown over in Industry.... where we SCORED bigtime. As I was making a final walkthrough of the ballroom, I found a whole bag of mints! MINTS! In these little cute tiny purple pouches! Can we say JACKPOT!?!

Oh.. speaking of "jackpot" look at the big win from Sunday night at DAVE AND BUSTERS!!


Animal!


Insane huh. Its HUGE! I've never had enough tickets to get something of this magnitude from the wall-o-prizes, but Carlene and I got addicted to this one game and became quite good at it... and so this was the end result. I know I know... a couple thousand tickets more and we would have had an X box or something... but since we 1) already have one 2) we're girls... the stuffed "ANIMAL" worked out quite nicely for us.

Speaking of XBOX... Adrian and Joseph came over before the D&B debauchery and we had dinner, swapped rafting pics, and played Kung Fu Chaos on the box until the fateful knock on the door. It was quite like old times except we couldn't bust the super bad ass CONTRA codes that allowed us infinity lives. Talk about them good old days... :)

No comments: