Thursday, August 14, 2003

At work, we listen to KBIG. Its the "Listen at work station." :) Its a sweet compromise between Doug's classic rock and my pop fix. And at 12 o'clock, there's the NOONTIME DISCO WORKOUT. Everyone's a winner!

Until now, the dial has wandered far from our precious 104.3. The new girl LOVES country.

I can stand it. Really I can. I can sing along with the Shania. I know Faith. Dixie Chicks... yeah. I can hold my own. But after 4 hours of listening to THE MAN twang on and on about losing his house, wife, and dog... I wanted to put someone out of their misery. I didn't know if THE MAN's or my own.

Whats funny is that during every other song or so, the new girl will say "Oh gosh... I HATE this song." Apparently she doesn't like 1) Songs that have references to God and all things that are holy ie. Angels and Heaven 2) Songs that have a patriotic theme to them 3) Songs that are "trailer-trash-ish" meaning they talk about getting shotguns and feeding rum to horses... or something of the sort.

Perhaps its just me, but aren't those all common in country music? Granted, they DO have some really nice love songs that can make you BAWL when you hear them. (Seriously. Whats up with those songs? They toy with your emotions I tell you. Have you heard Tim McGraw's "Don't Take the Girl?" Is so pretty... and yet... I'm a blubbering fool by the end of it. Download and feel my agony.) But really, that would be like someone saying they LOVE rap music... but only the ones that are gramatically correct.

Exactly.

Oh.. by the way... I SUCK HARDCORE. :( I forgot Melissa's birthday!! soooo...
HAPPY 'belated' BIRTHDAY MELISSA!!
I shall have a half naked man birthday card and best of David Hasselhoff cd for you soon! ;) *muah*

No comments: