Monday, August 11, 2003

Despite numerous bug bites on my body... my weekend was alright and not as hectic as I thought it would be. Busy, yes... but not TOO bad. I survived 5 weddings, 2 take downs, driving a giant "soccer mom" van, sweltering heat, wilting flowers, and shaky hands as I decorated a wedding cake... :) YAY!

Tonight, I thought was gonna to be a nightmare, and although at first it was pretty bad... in the end I had a lot of fun. :) It was my dad's college reunion dinner dance... and since he was helping organizing it, he asked Carlene, Mom, and I to go. Of course we were pretty hesitant at first... usually dinner dances like these were pretty boring unless you had other "kids" to play with (But NO! April didn't go! Boo hoo!) and at these organizations that my dad heads up, we have to play "trophy family" and smile... A LOT. Not to mention the ever continuating "dad" drama... and there was that little thing for my mom about seeing my dad in his "friend-surroundings" again after 5 years. Oh lordy. But in the end, we all got dolled up and went to the reunion... with Sonny in tow. Yep... Carlene was going to introduce him to dad for the very first time. SO I guess you can say there was a whole lot of nerves in the car on the way over there.

But once again, we all survived. Nothing like 5 glasses of champagne and filipino line dancing to make you night complete. There was no drama and everyone was on their best behavior. :) Actually, it was more than that... everyone was just... (I'm thinking of another word for "drunk" to insert here)... HAPPY. Happy to see each other... happy to see us... happy to see everyone happy... and I'm actually pretty happy that I went tonight. Yep.

No comments: