Monday, March 03, 2003

Just as I was going to find out how the university was gonna operate their "personal bookbag delivery service" on rainy days and cash in on my free "lisa frank" pencil box... Phuoc called so that I can WAKE UP. :) He had found my away message requesting someone to wake me up around 8ish... and so now he is my newest bestest friend and shall recieve cookies and shoutouts. Thank you!! Although, I was really curious to see how the bookbag thing was gonna work. Why a delivery service? Doesn't that completely defeat the purpose of bookbags? They also said that they would have it to me during A block, right after Channel One. Hmmm... weird dream.

Anyways, I was ready to go when the worse thing happened... MY CAR WOULDN'T START!! I'd put the key in the ignition, and I'd see the little lights on the dashboard light up and when I try to turn it over... the check engine light started to flicker like crazy and my car just kept on making this sad "RrRRrRrrRrrR' noise. Oh my goodness, so what was I to do? I took the old school YELLOW benz... the car thats older than the invention of CUPHOLDERS, where only spanish and oldies radio stations are clear, and that it only takes about a minute or so to get it going to 30 mph after taking a complete stop. Don't even ask me how it survives going uphill and I won't go into the MASSIVE noise and vibrations it makes. :) But you gotta love that car... This was the car that I was trained to drive on... so it brings back warm fuzzies of my dad yelling at me not to play with the radio, getting flicked off by the first driver that I cut off, and sneaking off to Pasadena and non-boonie areas when I was supposed to be at the "library." Ahhh memories of hot burning leather seats under the sun, that when I complained about it, my mom would tell me it was God punishing me for being naughty during mass. Yeah... I love that car.

And it got me around today... unlike another car. Oomph. I'll be taking care of that problem tomorrow.

And so, when I got to the hospital, dad was already chillin in outpatient waiting to go in. Carlene said that the dear medical folks there made him magic marker an X on the knee that was to be fixed. We were thinking that he should have wrote "KNEE YOU FIX" on the leg that needed it... and "DONT EVEN TOUCH THIS" on his other leg because really... if I were in the operating room I'd get confused as to what to do with the leg with the X on it. Does X mean "yes.. cut me open?" or "No... this isn't the one..." They probably have some system, but hey everyone has their blank moments.

Mom came in and out of outpatient to give us some info on what was happening "backstage" ... it was weird hearing her call dad her "husband." I mean, she really couldn't say "yes.. this is my soon to be ex" or "former husband" right in front of him lying in the bed... that would be even more awkward that her just saying "husband." But it was nice when folks were saying "look, your whole family is together." It was really really nice....

Anyways, when they took him in, Carlene and I didn't want to sit around in the waiting room just waiting... so we attempted to go back into surgery so that we can harass my mom working. The funny thing is that everyone knows we're her kids, so we just easily slipped into the nurses lounge where all her friends and co-workers were all "HEY!! SHES IN THE BACK!! GO HARASS HER!"... and there we are, clad in jeans while everyone is all safe and clean in the scrubs and we're just.. there. Unfortunantly, there was a crowd of folks around her, so we couldn't really play very much. So we went to the West Covina mall instead... good times. Then, old benz and I rumbled over to school for some good hard core education... or something like that. :)

No comments: