Thursday, March 06, 2003

I found a couple ants in the kitchen... but I don't know where they're coming from or how they're getting inside the house. Now I'm just scared that they might bring ALL of their posse and it will be "ANTS GONE WILD" on the counter. Bleh.

Anyways, while I was at Borders after class today, there was a little boy running around the store screaming for his mommy. The lady next to me in the fiction section looked at me and asked "Is that child looking for you?"

A pleathora of smart quirps were building in my head...

-"no... my kids are angels.."
-"no... I usually have a leash on them so that they can't get away from me"
-"no... mine are with their daddies right now."
-say "yes" then grab some erotica and proceed to ignore my surroundings...
...and so on

But I just smiled and politely said "Oh no... I don't have any children.. I'm too young! I'm still in school! Plus...(giggles) I'm single! But I'd like to have kids some day..."

Now that I think about it, a simple "NO" would have easily sufficed.

No comments: