Tuesday, September 03, 2002

Yay! I'm blogging live and in person from Carrie's apartment... :) I'm spending the night because tomorrow (er.. today) I have a wedding to decorate. Don't ask me why this wedding is on a Tuesday but I guess its going to be a great big affair... so big that they want us to decorate an area of the ballroom for a 12 ft high cake. 12 freaking feet of cake... thats just obscene. Anyways, I should have more on this later...

So today, I went to STAPLES with Carlene who was on this conquest to find the perfect organizer. Anyways, while I was there, I decided to go look for my lefthanded notebooks. Well, I was getting frustrated that among the long aisles of notebooks not finding them...so I stopped a guy who worked there and asked him "excuse me... do you have the lefthanded notebook... not the ones where the spiral is on the top, but on the right hand side?" The guy gave me this weird look and reached out to a pile of notebooks and flipped the top one over. "There... the spiral is on the opposite side." "Haha," I replied and continuted to wait for him to show me were the real lefty notebooks were. "Wait... there's really left handed notebooks? I've never heard of them," the worker says. "There REALLY is a left handed notebook... its just like the regular notebook but just has the binding on the right hand side," I reply very sweetly. He then grabbed another worker who was walking by and asked, "Hey... do we have left handed notebooks?" in the way speak with other adults about Santa Clause in front of children. That guy just shrugged and walked away. So my guy said that he would ask around and leaves me. While I'm standing in front of the normal notebooks waiting... my worker guy goes around the store asking other workers. But by the manner of his voice, he might as well have been asking them if they've seen puff the magic dragon with the big green giant on his back carring a bowl of lucky charms run through... and his fellow co-workers are responding back slowly. "Noooooo... you silly daff, there's no such thing as "left handed notebooks." He then comes back to me and I'm ready for him to say "Look you retarded girl.. theres no such thing. So deal with your deformity you lefthanded freak" but he doesn't. He just asks me that when I do find this "notebook" to come back and make him a believer.

I hate Staples. There REALLY is a lefthanded notebook and when I do get it.. I'll SHOW THEM ALL!! :P

No comments: