Monday, September 23, 2002

Wow... was that American Idol reunion CHEEEESSSYY or what!!? It was hip thrusting and hair thrashing overkill!! And what was up with that "lets dress up the girls in harem outfits and have them sing on top of rocks" desert montage? Did anyone noticed that EJ has a creepy resembalance to GEORGE MICHAEL during his WHAM! days? Hey AJ... STOP! Hey RYAN... STOP! JIM... Put on some glasses.. and then STOP! Hey Justin... I like that open shirt look... ;) Can we say grrrrrr!?!? Tamyra had a lot of airtime... and Nikki barely any. That was weird... But at least Kelly was singing well and was as cute as ever. :) Yeah... I don't know about that whole concert though... it was like watching a high school music revue.

Anyways, on a more serious note...

About 6 years ago, there was a brush fire in San Dimas, and the hills of northen San Dimas were all on the verge of evacuation. My mom, Carlene and I were gonna go to the Montclaire mall but while driving, we noticed the smoke coming from the hills, so mom decided that it would be best that we go back. When we got back home, firetrucks were already zooming to end of our street and all the neighbors were outside looking up at the hills, fire, and helicopters. The police came and said that evacuation was a possiblity, so we started packing like crazy. It was amazing because a lot of our friends and family were watching the news, recognized our neighborhood, and came by with trucks and offers of help. So with cars packed and ready to go on a moments noticed, we all just camped out and waited for news... and then we saw the greatest thing. A plane cameby and successfully dropped water onto majority of the fire... after that, the intesity of the situation died down and we were told that we were out of danger. That night, it was Maria's birthday gathering and Melissa (who lives on the otherside of the hill) and I were just going off on our fears of fires and evacuation and how we felt we were lucky because nothing happened.

Yesterday, I noticed the a smoke cloud in the sky. This morning, the whole sky was gray and the source of it was in the foothills. It made me recall the memory of our near-evacuation and I prayed for the wellbeing of everyone in that area. It was later today that I learned that it actually was a fire, and to make it worse, it was in Glendora, so I immediently thought of the hill that St. Lucy's is on and worried for my old high school. Then around 9, I get an Im from Keri saying that it was a good thing that I moved because the chances of my old house getting burned down were pretty big... and Keri herself was on the verge of evacuation. :( Worried about everyone, I called Melissa to see if she has heard from her family and their home... they're pretty packed up and ready to go.

I'm scared for my friends and their families. Tonight, the fire is still going but there aren't any planes making water drops because it is nighttime. There are hundreds of firefighters, but the heat and lack of humidity isnt helping. So now I just ask that everyone pray that everything goes will throughout the night and that everyone will be ok.

No comments: