Saturday, September 07, 2002

I've had a revelation this past week on men. What is it again? Oh yes... You're all assholes. :) You guys have NO clue about a lot of stuff and I think the thing is that you don't attempt in trying to understand our sex. Its "women are wack" and that's basically it. Whereas you see women everywhere quoting lines from relationship books and different magazines just trying to get into the male psyche so that we can try to figure out what the freak you guys are thinking. And even the stuff I read... its so unfair! Ok.. Dr. John Gray in "Men are from Mars; Women are from Venus" says that men and women have this point system. And if a man does anything remotely nice... they get one point. I think this is true. For instance, opening a door for a girl... thats a point. Using eye contact when listening to her talk... one point. Complimenting her on how she looks.. one point. In fact, Dr. Gray give 101 tips on how to score points... but the its only ONE point. Whereas for men, points VARY and the actions... well it seems like women have to compromise a lot on their part in order to get those points. Example, when a man disappoints a woman and she doesn't punish him.. 10-20 points. He gets lost while driving and she doesnt make a big deal out of it... 10-20 points. When he withdraws and she doesn't make him feel guilty... 10-20 points. I dunno... it seems that for men... its easy for them to score points with us. But for us, its different. It means not stating how we feel... and we'll get 10-20 points. Hell, "she really enjoys having sex with him" is 10-40 points so even in the SEX department, where you think you could get a lot of points, it STILL varies. In this section, Dr. Gray was only able to provide women with 26 point scoring ways. 26 vs. 101. And yet, men are still clueless. I really don't know where I'm going with this.. perhaps its a sign that I'm reading too much or that I haven't met anyone who could prove me wrong on this "MEN ARE ASSHOLES" rant because I even think my guy friends are pretty asshole-ish at times.

But let me end with this; even if men are assholes... something has to be said about the women who are attracted to them and want to have relationships with them (myself included). We're pretty stupid.

No comments: