Sunday, September 15, 2002

:) and the weekend ended in an absolutely fabulous way. Today, went to the new Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels in Los Angeles. Only in Los Angeles will a Cathedral have its own parking structure (with 3 hour validation), gift shop, and cafe... but the place is amazing. The place is HUGE and its just beautiful. Instead of stain glass windows, on the side of the church there are these massive tapistries with the saints in it. Wow... I just don't know how to describe it other than "awesome." Like every little detail was beautiful. (I kinda went sorta crazy with my camera so hopefully I'll have pictures up soon.) We thought we had been to late for the mass, but fortunantly they had an 11:30 one so we got to go. :) The mass was in both spanish and english, so I was trying really hard to remember my "Padre Nuestro" that Senora Guerin had tried to pound into my head all during high school, but no luck.

After mass, keeping in theme with "ghetto" for the weekend, we drove over to Melrose and went to PINKS for some hot dogs. :) Exactly... drool with jealousy.

Anyways, now the weekend is over (BOO!) and its back to school (BOO!) where I have a test this Wednesday (BOO!) and back to work. Gosh... when is the next vacation!?!?!

No comments: